Re: [GTW] Incorrect suspect traits

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Detective career glitch?

Hero

@Leyna36 Merged with existing thread. Your other issue is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Detective-Suspect-is-not-at-police-station-to-in...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 166 (22,383 Views)

Sims 4 GTW: Detective cannot find teen with ambitious trait

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have been enjoying this game great job! So far I have been absorbed in the Detective career so far and it is brill.

But, I have to find and arrest a teenage sim with an ambitious trait. I have attended at least 5 APBs but there is no one even close to the full description ; blonde, jeans, jacket, teen ambitious trait.

Looking at the fan forums I am not the only one to experience this, but I can't find a proper fix Frown 

One thing I have been advised to try is to arrest a young adult matching the description instead of a teen.

Will try this and hopefully it will work!

But it's not really a fix more of a workaround so I am reporting it hope you can help sort Standard smile 

Thanks

Message 12 of 166 (22,396 Views)

Re: Sims 4 GTW: Detective cannot find teen with ambitious trait

Hero

@B00kBird Merged with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 166 (22,374 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I believe there can be 2 separate problems - incorrect traits, when the traits just have nothing to do with the suspect, and IMPOSSIBLE traits, when the traits compose the character that just can't exist in the game (teen+ambitious).

Message 14 of 166 (22,371 Views)

Hero

Might have the same cause though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 166 (22,367 Views)

[GTW] Police career - suspect does not show up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hi,

I've got a problem with the police career: the suspect does not show up, when I start a search. I've got six hints now (male, teenager, blond, wears shorts, wears longsleeved shirt, trait ambious). I don't get more hints from analyzing etc. I've initiated over 15 searches so far. there's only one male, blond teenager who wears shorts and a longsleeved shirt from time to time, who is not the right person. arrested him twice and that got me throw backs in my career, because I've arrested the wrong person.

I use no mods, ect. I'm playing on a MAC. 

thx for helping!

al'Ellisande

EDIT: I just stumbled over this thread (sorry, that I haven't seen it before): http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Incorrect-suspect-traits/m-p/4486122#U4486122

it seems to be the same problem. obviously it has to do something with the suspects being teens. 

Message 16 of 166 (22,367 Views)

Re: [GTW] Police career - suspect does not show up

★ Apprentice

I have been having the same problem with the last two investigations my police officer conducted. There is never a suspect that matches the description. My suspects are adults, not teens so the problem is not limited to just teen suspects. I have the max number of clues in the case. I question people at the location and they point to where they saw the suspect but he's not there. One time, the person I questioned pointed to the guy next to him and said "he's right there" but the guy he pointed did not fit the suspects description in any way.

No CC, no mods.

Message 17 of 166 (22,353 Views)

Re: [GTW] Police career - suspect does not show up

Hero

@5cc1f6c6e7cbc016 Merged.

Thanks for the input

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 166 (22,344 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

• Fixed an issue that could result in no suspects being shown with some clue combinations.

Hoping that this is what they fixed

Feedback appreciated

@rostsit @rnielson11 @5cc1f6c6e7cbc016 @B00kBird @Jan_831

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 166 (22,266 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey, thanks Crin.

I downloaded the update last night and tried catching a couple of suspects. One was a young adult and the other was a teen. Both matched their descriptions perfectly. I'll test it out again when I get chance but it looks like the issue has been fixed Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 20 of 166 (22,256 Views)