Re: [GTW] Incorrect suspect traits

by rostsit

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Bug or intended? I had like 10 cases in my detective career, and during them all clues were absolutely right. But during my latest one all clues (discovered max possible) were WRONG except for one (suspect - female)! I tried to find suspect during several workdays, and found it by chance when trusted some random townie showing me female sim that had nothing to do with the clues. 

Message 1 of 166 (24,970 Views)

Hero

I had a German user suggest that the game gets confused by 'old' evidence not remove from the inventory after solving the game. Unsure if that's the case since I never had a problem although I leave them there all the time.

What's your opinion on that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 166 (24,756 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

It's true that I've used some old evidence for most of my cases. It's like an exploit - I've even solved some cases COMPLETELY with old evidences. But I had no problems till the latest case. Moreover, I'm pretty sure that during this bugged case I used only clues I got from the evidences that weren't "old", all were from that particular case.

So I'm not sure if there is a connection, but I won't say there isn't.

Maybe it can be connected with the TS4 wiping out random townies? Maybe game wiped out real suspect and then chose some random one instead?

Message 3 of 166 (24,752 Views)

Hero

That could be very likely. Sims 3 Ambitions loved to do that too with the ServiceNPCs. Annoying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 166 (24,749 Views)

[GTW] Detective Suspect Does Not Exist

★★★ Novice

Hi!

After the latest patch, my detective sim has a new case and has uncovered all of the clues possible. The suspect is:
-Female

-Blonde

-Teen

-Skirt

-Blouse

-Ambitious trait (not possible for teens)

The suspect was not present the first time I issued the APB, so I went back to the police station and tried again. This time there was only one person at the scene, who did not fit the description, but I tried to arrest her and she was not the correct suspect. 

I always delete all the old evidence from my inventory before beginning a new case. 

I've seen several reports of this bug on the forums, but could not find one here. 

No mods. No custom content. Both packs installed and patched.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 166 (24,741 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Added

@blazerelf007 Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 166 (24,739 Views)

Detective Career

★ Guide

Hi Crin,

I am now in the Detective Career.  I have a case and enough clues to put out an APB.  The game takes me to the location and there is no one there that even remotely fits the description of the suspect.  The first day, I waited around to see if someone would show up, but no one fitting the description came.  The second day it was the same, I am looking for a blonde male teen, geek, short sleeve shirt and slacks.  I questioned everyone and most said he was over there, but there were no blondes and no teens.  I then clicked get to know hoping to find a sim with the geek trait, but there were none .  The location it is taking me to is the gym.

Message 7 of 166 (24,723 Views)

Re: Detective Career

Hero

@Jan_831 Merged with existing report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 166 (24,719 Views)

Detective career glitch?

★ Novice

I experienced two problems. One, the clues in the notebook regarding suspects are misleading. A suspect accorrding to the clues were for a teen, however whenever I tried to arrest a teen, I was always unlawfully arresting. The real suspect was an adult. This happened twice. The seconde time it happened, the suspect was a ghost. When he was arrested and the screen loaded to return to the station, the ghost did not come. So I cannot interrogate him. I tried looking for him again but officially he is arrested. He is no where in the station so I cannot question him or get assigned to a new case. Even after leaving for the day. The next morning, it is the same. I am not using any mods or alterations on the game. Is there anyway to solve this besides my Sim quitting the career?

Message 9 of 166 (24,711 Views)

Re: Detective Career

★ Guide

I'm sorry Crin, I looked, but didn't see it there.

Thanks

Message 10 of 166 (24,710 Views)