Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] [IL] First floor roofs gone when placing on beach lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a lot with a regular foundation on a beach lot. The house should be large enough to be partially in the water. This happens with both a basement and no basement.
What happens when the bug occurs? The first floor roofs are deleted, but none above or at least to the second level.
What do you expect to see? All the roofs intact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Don't know it could have started with the patch, as that is when we got the foundations, but only had it happen with placing pre-built lots in Island Living.

I've attached 3 pictures of lots place in Sulani. 

The first shows that this affects only the first floor roofs.

The second is of a house I have been playing that was original to the pack.  I placed it on a different lot and the roof was deleted.

The third shows a lot from the gallery built with the new foundation and the roof stayed, but the floats are under water. Not sure if that is worth bothering with as it is easy enough to fix.  But the picture is to show that pre-built lots with the new foundation keep the roofs.

Thanks,

Alya

Message 1 of 4 (717 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [IL] First floor roofs gone when placing on beach lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It was on older builds I tried to place on beach lots, partway into the water.  I think the roofs disappear because of the water.  Placed on a lot in Sulani that is not a part water lot the roof stays.  If no one else is having this problem, I think it's okay to close this since it is only me having it and only with lots built on land only then placed in part water.  Thank you so much for your help.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (496 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@AlyaSerpens Is this only on beach lots in Sulani or on all lots ?

As this would normally go on the Buy/Build list, I forwarded this but not added to any list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (676 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've not tried to place lots in other worlds.  I'll see if I can try that this long weekend, I should have time.  It seems to be tied to the terrain level.  That deep slope into the water.  As this does not happen with either houses with the new foundations or on the solid land lots.  I will test more this weekend.

Message 3 of 4 (652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It was on older builds I tried to place on beach lots, partway into the water.  I think the roofs disappear because of the water.  Placed on a lot in Sulani that is not a part water lot the roof stays.  If no one else is having this problem, I think it's okay to close this since it is only me having it and only with lots built on land only then placed in part water.  Thank you so much for your help.

Message 4 of 4 (497 Views)