Re: Household Collections

by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Household Collections get lost on traveling/moving

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Why is it when a SIM completes a household collection, the acknowledgement disappears once a travel, move or 'manage worlds' occurs?

I have tried to make an 'open world' experience happen by playing each household in TS4, and letting the 'public places' be the 'open world'.  In doine so I have noticed the following.

1.  If a SIM family has completed a collection and they have it in their inventory "SIM inventory" nothing changes.

2.  If a SIM family has completed a collection and they have it on their property, they don't have credit for completing the collection until, a SIM has it in their inventory.

3.   If a SIM family has completed a collection and they have it in their HOUSEHOLD inventory the collection is not recognized.

3.   If a SIM family has completed a FISH collection and they "Mount" the fish; the game acts like they never caught them in the first place.  (after a travel, move, or 'manage world'.

4.  Even though the immediate collections are not noted in game the 'game achievements' knows it's happened.  So it is visible one place but not the other. 

5.  Several trophies awarded for the same feat:  I have had SIMS complete a collection, get a trophie, travel, and come back and get that trophie again. 

6.  Depending on where my SIM is in the game (Example travelingStandard smile if they complete a collection, they might not get the Trophie.  I have had to force the issue (not using cheats) to get the trophy. (for example put some fish in the fridge, then move them to SIMS inventory, when they are on their home lot) etc.

7.  Mounted fist do not count towards the fish collection.  If they are mounted and the 'mount' states caught by 'sims name' should not that be counted towards the fish award? My SIMS had to go back and re-catch the fish, losing more friendships, and lovers, because of the time taken to complete this task multiple times. 

Message 1 of 33 (4,496 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Is this a post patch issue or has it always been happening ?

Mounted fish sounds like a separate issue so you should make it's own thread for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (4,456 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has always happened for me since day 1 of playing TS4.  This has been through updates, clearing cache, factory resets, re-installing etc.  I haven't been in the position to see if it still happens after the latest update.

-AL2 

Standard smile

Message 3 of 33 (4,453 Views)

Hero

Added and changed title a bit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 33 (4,436 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

its happend to me this week, I moved a sim from my played houshold to an other so i don't need to play with that sim but now my collections and carrier unlocked rooms are reset and gone. Frown

Message 5 of 33 (4,398 Views)

Hero

@alwaysl00king2 Is this still working the same way ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 33 (4,305 Views)

Hero

Does anyone have any feedback for me on household collections ? I've not moved houses yet but have not have an issue with stuff disappearing although I've sold it after collecting which makes me thinks something may have changed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 33 (4,283 Views)

Collections progress missing after loading previouse game

★★★ Novice

I went to play a previous legacy family I had started months ago. When I went into the collections tab I noticed that all the collections were completely reset. I know I had completed several collections, but now it shows I haven't collected anything! Very frustrated! Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks

Message 8 of 33 (4,328 Views)

Re: Collections progress missing after loading previouse game

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 33 (4,315 Views)

Re: Collections progress missing after loading previouse game

★★★ Novice
I don't have any mods or cc installed.
Message 10 of 33 (4,311 Views)