Re: Baristas broken on Dance Party event.

by moswalt89

Original Post

Hired Party Staff is a No-Show!

★★ Novice

Unless someone in the household has the skills to be an entertainer, mixologist, or caterer, I can hire them as much as I want, but no one actually shows up!

No, I have not purchased any additional gamepacks since before this happened. Yes, it worked just fine with the exact same (no additional) CC.

I think it might've been one of the updates.

Anyone else experience this?

Message 31 of 71 (3,312 Views)

Re: Hired Party Staff is a No-Show!

Do you have the necessary tools for the staff? Like a bar for the bartender?

Could you try the game without your mods folder in and test it without (just place the folder on your dekstop).

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 32 of 71 (3,308 Views)

★★ Novice
Yup, I have all of the equipment and it's available and ready for them to use. I guess I'll try the temporary no mods thing and see if that works.
Message 33 of 71 (3,303 Views)

Hero

Hi @lionessofgd

merged your post with existing bug report

Tagging @Phantomlover1717 for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 71 (3,284 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Hired sims don't appear at parties

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem! It's so frustrating when no Sim show up in the list of Mixologist, Caretaker and Entertainer though I have been friends with many other Sims who maxed their skills in those fields. Then I had to choose the hire one option but then boom, no one showed up Disappointed 

I don't know what happens because when I checked on youtube other players are doing just fine. I think that this is so unfair, ugh!

Message 35 of 71 (3,267 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've never had a hired sim show up at a party. I can work around it with entertainers and bartenders by hiring them right before the party. Caterers never show up. To be honest, I don't even bother hiring sims for parties anymore.

Message 36 of 71 (3,238 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

DJs and bartenders still do not appear at outdoor parties in my game. Workaround does not seem to work for DJ booth - and since it's a dance party, I just cancel the party and my Sims all go home unhappy. Frown

Message 37 of 71 (3,229 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had the same thing happen. None of the people I hired for my Sims' wedding showed up. I wasted about half the party trying to figure out what was going on and then finally had my Sim make the cake himself. They almost didn't even get married in time and I don't think anybody even watched it happen. Very frustrating experience.

Message 38 of 71 (3,191 Views)

[OPEN] Hired sims don't appear at parties

★★★ Newbie
No hired Sims show for any event I have had since installing the game last week. I have no mods, expansions, or DLCs. Just the base game. It takes my money & no one shows up. My sim failed her birthday event due to no cake or caterer. This is quite frustrating & seems to be an old issue that hasn't been fixed.
Message 39 of 71 (3,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm also having this problem, multiple times have hired all three staff roles for my party, and none of them have showed up. In fact, they seem to be completely absent for the entire duration of the party. 

Message 40 of 71 (2,811 Views)