by crinrict

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Hired sims don't appear

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on any object you can hire a serviceNPC on and click hire blaba.
What happens when the bug occurs? The NPC does not show up although money is deducted
What do you expect to see? The NPC to show up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had about 10 birthdays and a couple of weddings in my game so far, and very often I hired musicians and bartenders. I mean the menu where you can hire a cook, a musician and a bartender when you organize a party. You can either select a known sim there, or use an option to hire someone without an icon (I suppose the game generates a new sim in this case or selects a random one?), I used the latter one.

So I noticed that pretty often they don't even appear at the party. I've seen them only a couple of times, in most cases the game takes money to hire them but nothing happens eventually.

Message 1 of 71 (8,229 Views)

Re: Hired sims don't appear at parties

Hero

I think there's other threads like this but I couldn't find one on the list so I've added this one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 71 (8,117 Views)

Re: Hired sims don't appear at parties

★★★★★ Novice

I have been having this problem too. But the weird thing is, when I hire a specific sim to be the caterer or mixologist or whatever, when I return home from the wedding location, the sim that I specifically hired is outside my house. As if they got called to my house instead of the wedding location.

Message 3 of 71 (8,091 Views)

No Caterers or Entertainers Show Up When Hired

★★★ Novice

A lot of NPCs have died and now no entertainers or caterers show up to a planned party when I hire them. Even when I click on the stove or piano to HIRE, I get a notification saying someone is on the way but no one shows up. Do I have to sit and spend time creating new sims, getting them jobs, and leveling up their careers before they'll come to my main family's parties? Isn't the game suppose to create jobs for these NPCs? I run into a ton of NPCs that are "Unemployed".

Message 4 of 71 (8,020 Views)

Re: No Caterers or Entertainers Show Up When Hired

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 71 (8,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

There are no mods. The entire mod folder was deleted about 200 saves ago

Message 6 of 71 (8,001 Views)

Hero

Could you try  a new save for testing purposes to see if it's save game related or a general issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 71 (7,998 Views)

Re: Cater

Hero

Hi @PHirstladie08

are you living in an apartment or is this happening everywhere ?

Would you have a save to share where that happens ?

Also any mods i your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 71 (8,011 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Hired sims don't appear at parties

★★★★★ Newbie
I hired a mixologist for my wedding, paid for it, and he/she never showed up.
Message 9 of 71 (8,008 Views)

Re: Cater

★★★ Newbie
No mods. This is happening everywhere that you can hire caters at. I cant even click in fridge to hire a cater. this all happened after recent patch download
Message 10 of 71 (8,001 Views)