Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Harvestables & inventory items become stuck

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Pets, Seasons, Island Living, Spa Day, Vampires, Toddlers pack, Spooky pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Mine seemed to occur after gardening at a lot that wasn't my home lot (I didn't seem to matter which neighborhood or community lot, but the plants were ones my Sims had planted on a community lot, not wild ones grown, all evolved to higher levels). Not sure if this is required, but seems to be what is happening: Harvest multiple of a plant, travel elsewhere. Try to remove only one item if there are multiples and it just bounces back to the inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? The nested plants then are unable to be removed individually to either plant, put in another sim's inventory, or anywhere. They can only be removed as an entire group. If you do this to another household sim or the fridge, you can then take out a single item. However, if you travel to another lot, the other sim will also "break" and you can't remove individually again. Unsure if this happens if they go to work.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to take out only one of a nested item in the inventory for easy planting, fridge placing, or sharing with another sim in the household. This worked fine until Nov Patch. (Note: I have zero custom content, only one mod, but it was disabled and not re-enabled after installing the patch.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov 12th? 2019 patch

My sims only tend to garden at the community garden since Seasons, or a patch (or maybe a bug) made it that harvestables will only appear at 5 AM on the lot you are on. After playing post-patch, when I tried to have my sim give some of her plants (either food or flowers) to a housemate, it would not let me move one item, only the entire nested set of items. This also made it difficult to replant. To replant, I had to move the whole category to another sim or a fridge to be able to just grab a single item. If you traveled to another lot, it often broke again. My sims are very dependent on gardening to between this and the bug listed below, it makes the game almost unplayable for me. Frown 

I also have had entire harvestable inventories disappear of evolved harvestables and it only left "normal" items that occurred after this patch - I reported on that bug thread already but my sims lost tons of harvestables, ones worth a lot of $$.)

Message 1 of 5 (881 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ARCHIVED] Harvestables & inventory items become stuck

Hero
With the new Inventory 2.0 I'm going to archive this thread.

Please make a new one if you still have issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (677 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Harvestables & inventory items become stuck

Hero
@danceswithchaos Could be related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Harvestables-disappearing-from-sims-inventory-and/...

Keeping seperate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (836 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have posted there as well, but just in case that is a separate issue, I hadn't seen that issue mentioned specifically yet. Both appeared with the patch for me so I contributed to that thread as well. Please let me know if there anything I should do to help figure it out.

Message 3 of 5 (817 Views)

Hero
@danceswithchaos If you have extra info, that's always good. QA might come back with further questions, if necessary.

Maybe others have ideas too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (810 Views)

Re: [ARCHIVED] Harvestables & inventory items become stuck

Hero
With the new Inventory 2.0 I'm going to archive this thread.

Please make a new one if you still have issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (678 Views)