[ARCHIVED] Game-generated townies are all same household structure

by luthienrising

Original Post

Re: Game-generated townies are all same household structure

[ Edited ]

I haven't had any new townie households created since the most recent patch. Not even when I took Sim kids to the park. I'll pop back here if that changes! 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 21 of 46 (1,163 Views)

Hero

Weird.

So no new Sims at all ? Any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 46 (1,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

The vast majority of my Townies are these single parent (all mothers, actually) households. At first it was them and Elders, but Shimrod made a mod to help with the Elder overpopulation. Is this happening because there aren't enough children in my worlds? Just curious. Most of them don't even look related - vastly different genetics, skins - but they show up related in CAS.

I'm afraid to edit them because of the CAS.fulleditmode bug - so, they look like a real family. I wish they'd fix this bug, and then I wouldn't mind the single parent households as much, because I could generate a dad - but I'm afraid to now, for fear of screwed up relationships.

Message 23 of 46 (1,149 Views)

Hero

The single households are random townies generated to populate the lots while you are there. The game doesn't seem to reuse the one it has and always generates new ones, hence the many.

This issue is more about the actual households that might be supposed to actually live somewhere. Families with kids or just couples. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 46 (1,145 Views)

I had a few generated from going to Granite Falls, but that's it. I've never had very fast townie generation, it seems! I do have the "No More Culling" mod but it isn't supposed to slow townie generation. I also have the "Fewer Elders" mod but I think that's only supposed to change *who* gets generated. 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 25 of 46 (1,141 Views)

Hero

Are they still compatible ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 46 (1,136 Views)

★★ Pro

Fewer Elders is compatible - I checked. Shimrod verified it was okay with 2/3 patch. No More Culling is working fine for me - no verification from mod author though, but I haven't seen any complaints about it.

Message 27 of 46 (1,128 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not sure if this sheds any light on the issue but it seems to be related to how long you play rather than who you play. I have started a couple games now that generate very well for the first generation but after playing for a little while the randomizer completely stops working correctly and reverts to dark skinned mother and teenage daughter and an Asian child son. It does seem to stop generating townies altogether after a while but im pretty positive that has to do with the game reaching its sim limit. I always go through and delete the extra elders and townies i don't want to save more room. If you delete families it will spawn new ones to replace them so the only reason it stopped spawning is because there were too many.

It has been doing the dark skinned family glitch since the game was released and it really is a big problem. It's already enough work managing your townies but we've also had to spawn our own instead of just getting to play the game. It shouldn't be this hard to get enough variety in your town to make it feel even remotely normal. I would love, at the very least, some confirmation that they are even working on this glitch because it's almost as game ruining as the twin glitch and male squinty eye and jaw glitch.

I would do anything to help them find and fix whatever causes this. And many other glitches in this game. At this point i would love the game if only anything in it worked properly. I've been wanting to somehow share my save or something because i've been told that can help them fix it. Although none of my glitches are save specific any one of my saves is chock-full of glitches that i would just love for them to look at and get a better understanding of.

Message 28 of 46 (1,034 Views)

★ Guide

Seriously, this bug has been around forever and I really wish someone would look into it. I never see family unit created(Mother, father, children). It is always a single black mother with a black teen age daughter and a randomly raced child son.

Shimrod had a mod out there to fix it but he has been MIA for a bit. Anyways, I shouldn't have to depend on modders to keep fixing bugs.

I just copied my post because this is still an issue like a year and a half later.  Maybe you guys can take a look at shimrod's old mod and fix it.

Message 29 of 46 (954 Views)

Hero

Shimrod is actually back.

He hasn't updated the mod yet but hopefully he will.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 46 (935 Views)