Autogenerated households only have same sex parents

by JensWul

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Game-generated townies are all same household structure

[ Edited ]

My game's originally generated townies (release day) were all single-Sim households, one Sim only, except for two households that were made up of two female adult Sims and one child (not teen). A couple of days ago, I deleted most of the single-Sim households. This morning I went into Manage Households to look at my townies and discovered that every new household generated since then is two female adults Sims and one child. 

• Are you using mods: Never
  • Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? No
  • What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? Win7
  • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? Download, 1.0.677.20 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 1 of 46 (7,789 Views)

Re: Game-generated townies are all same household structure

More info on this: 

It's not the weirdness I thought it was! They're still identical household structures, though -- [i]one[/i] adult female, her teenage [i]daughter[/i], and her child son. And when I went into one to generate a father from the child son, he turned out to look [i]exactly like one of the single male adult townies[/i], no matter how many times I hit Randomize.

So, the game isn't generating nothing but **bleep** families. It's generating nothing but single-mother Sims who've been sleeping with other townies! All their teenage children are female, and all their male children are child-aged (when they first generate: one of the first such families in the list -- I assume that means generated earlier -- the child has aged up and is a teen). 

If this is the game creating balance, it's still not doing it right. 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 2 of 46 (7,671 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You can inspect the relationships of the these families by taking them into CAS. I made the same mistake of thinking I was seeing two adult females and a male child. Actually, each game generated family consists of an adult female a teen daughter and a child son. The teens are easy to mistake for adults making it appear the two women are a couple. The other disappointing thing is the game is not using any genetics to create these families so you can have an Asian mom with a black daughter and a white son.

Message 3 of 46 (7,669 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 46 (7,649 Views)

All my NPC (Townies) are elders

★★★ Newbie

I am currently having problems with all the NPC/Townie sims in my game being elders. This means there were no other children for my child sim to interact with. Same for teen and YA and adult sims. This is creating some problems with meeting aspiration goals obviously since a teen sim can't have romantic interactions with an Elder. .  .

Thanx

Message 5 of 46 (7,494 Views)

Re: All my NPC (Townies) are elders

★ Apprentice

I've noticed that, with aging turned on, everyone ages really quickly and yet no one has babies. 

My suggestion is to create a family or 2, with varied ages in CAS and move them into your town.

Message 6 of 46 (7,493 Views)

Re: Child returning from school - slight bug?

Hero

@Sashakoshka You should get the occiasional family but it seems the game mostly creates single household. Sims don't have babies on their own so you do need o micro management.

Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 46 (7,489 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have some new information on this topic. For weeks of game play I only ever experienced the automatic townie generation creating two types of "Not currently in world" households. It created single sims households by and large and added in families structured as single mother/teen daughter/child son once my own sim family started having children. I saw this problem reported by many others on the forums so knew that it was not only happening in my game. But I also saw people say they were getting a more random  set of families that were more balanced that included two parents and some female children which I never saw in my game. From this I took away that there was a difference in game play that was triggering the types of townie families being generated.

Today for the first time I had a game in which the game created something other than the Mother/teen daughter/child son family structure. My game still generated those families but for the first time I saw it create families with two parents and some female children. I started a new game and for the first time I decided to play the Goth family.  I started up the game, dropped in a sim into a starter home from CAS and immediately switched to the Goth household. Saved the game while it was still 8:00 am on the sim clock, went back to manage worlds and made sure that the Goths were my only household in the played list by marking the sim I started the game with as unplayed.

I then started up live mode with the Goths. Because Bella has the social aspiration I had her out on the street greeting anyone who walked by. So I noticed all the townies walking by. To my surprise I saw several female children walk by who were not Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis. The first time ever I had seen in my game female children townies that I had not personally added myself.

The only difference that I can think between this game and all my others is the start. In all my previous games I had started out with a single or couple of adult sims and it wasn't untill a couple of sim weeks had passed before they began to have children. I do know that when your own played sim households have children as soon as those children age up to child the game starts adding in townie families for that new child to have other children to play with. But in this game I was starting out the game with a family that already had a child from day one - Alexander Goth.

When a new game is started fresh the only households in the game are the one you add from CAS and the default inhabited households. There are no townies generated until live mode is started. My conclusion is that the types of townies created are triggered by the family you start play with.

I don't know why when I play a game that starts with a single or more adult sims only the game gets stuck on that single family stucture that never produces female children but it does. I would prefer it if the game never created that single mother family structure  but created the old fashioned adult male/adult female with a couple of children. My reasons have nothing to do with stereotyping but I feel that that structure of family will bring a better balance in the genders in all age groups and will not create towns over populated by women but never any female children.

Message 8 of 46 (7,474 Views)

Autogenerated households only have same sex parents

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Okay, kind of wierd bug report, but here it goes:

All the time households/families are generated by the game, to keep the neighbourhood populated. Most of the autogenerated households are single sims, but there are a few couples, and a few couples that have one child. Now, what bugs me, is that these child families never have heterosexual parents. To be more precise: they all have two female parents. No male/female parents, and no male/male parents.

I think it's nice of EA to include same sex parenting in Sims, but something has obviously gone wrong here. :-)

EDIT: Had to edit subject, as the EA forum censored the word starting on L.

Message 9 of 46 (7,467 Views)

Re: Autogenerated households only have same sex parents

★★ Apprentice

@Jenswul,

I suggest you inspect those single sex parent families more carefully with CAS. I think you will find in fact those are not two adult women who are roomates with a  son. That is a mother, a teen daughter and a child son.

Message 10 of 46 (7,449 Views)