[ARCHIVED] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by sjr159

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★ Pro
@kramarsonja All your My Saved Game 2 files feature old version id (1.68.154.1020) - could you please repair your game in origin?
Message 701 of 719 (1,067 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@kusurusu I repaired my game in Origin but I don't know if that did anything to my saved games. Do I need to upload the saved games in google drive again? Last save was on 17. november, since then my game is completely unplayable
Message 702 of 719 (1,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The update fixed everything for me.

Sims 4 works since yesterday

also all save games

PC Windows10

Message 703 of 719 (997 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kramarsonja In your case I would revert to the ver4 backup of your Slot_00000003.save. That only has a small amount of Father Winters. If you're not opposed to mods, you can just make them visible and delete them via household manager or use the delete homeless (that also deletes your ghost and not in world townies though)

For me it's playable even with them though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 704 of 719 (915 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you very much for your help. But how do I do that? Sound almost like SF to me Standard smile Can I just delete other versions? Do I click on that save in Documents/EA/... or do I click play The Sims 4 in Origin, but what to do then? I'm sorry but I don't understand how do I do that.
Message 705 of 719 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kramarsonja Here's instructions how you can do it from within the game:_ https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

It should be the oldest one availble

Or you can just rename the file from Slot_00000003.save.ver4 to for example Slot_00000011.save. Then it will show up in your game.

You can just delete the others but I would try if it works first before you do.

I wouldn't bother about the ones you have. I don't think they will affect your game much.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 706 of 719 (874 Views)

★★ Novice

I have no mods and the game is completely unplayable. Frown I managed to log in, play for 3 minutes, save and then it froze again.

I tried to share my save files, but it only says "Unsupported extension type".

Message 707 of 719 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@fnys3 you need to upload it to google or one drive and either PM the link to QA or post here.

@steffoleffo Took a quick look at your save. You already have an insane amount of Father Winters, so I'm unable to help you with that one and the MCCC solution doesn't work either cause the game crashes before all of the Sims can be deleted. 

All your auto-backups are also too far along.

Two options:

• Wait until EA comes up with a fix (hopefully) and play another save in the meantime. This probably won't happen before XMas (my guess)
  • Save all your houses/sims you want to keep to the library and place in a fresh save.

@Saladfingore You should be able to revert to a backup from before Winterfest. I would recommend Ver1. That's from shortly before Winterfest.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 708 of 719 (774 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Everything is fixed ! Thank you @crinrict for your support ! You should be promoted. 

Message 709 of 719 (703 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I got rid of my hotpot and replaced it and the game seemed playable, this is after the update so maybe it’s an object problem. Then I turned on my mods and tried using one of the mod cheats and it froze. I got out of it and used a different mod cheat and it played on. So maybe I need to update one of my mods again. I’m going to keep playing to check and see if the problems are really gone.

Message 710 of 719 (647 Views)