[ARCHIVED] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by sjr159

Original Post

Re: Game time stops

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same issues on Mac, I can still click on other sims but time is completely frozen and it appears to be happening at night time the most as the clock does not go into super speed. The loading screens are excessive and my game crashed because a notification came up saying my application memory was full, and the sims 4 was using 64GB of running application memory, which is definitely not normal.

Message 21 of 719 (2,076 Views)

Hero
@hannahlquise Could you test if the -nosound workaround helps (see thread I linked for instructions)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 719 (2,070 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately it did not work, the time froze immediately after entering the game. Then as I quit, the game froze and crashed.

Message 23 of 719 (2,058 Views)

Hero
@hannahlquise If you start a new save for testing, does that work ? How big is your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 719 (2,051 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I started a new save and everything seemed to work as normal, I was also in the process of testing an old save file but then my game closed (without my input) and a message saying 'quit unexpectedly' which has never happened before. So for me, these bugs appear to be effecting all previous save games but not new ones.

My normal save file was ~7mb before it completely crashed yesterday and now it is 190mb

Message 25 of 719 (2,044 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict to me - it didn t help
Message 26 of 719 (2,029 Views)

Game freeze with animations continuing

★ Novice

I have just opened up an old save game which had been transferred from another computer.  I have not opened this save game since transferring, but I have opened other save games since transfering and they have been fine.  Time will stop moving forward and I am unable to click on any objects to select more actions.  However the sims (and cat) will continue to do the animations they were doing as it 'froze', and the fire animation will still be running.  It's almost as if it was on a 1 second loop or something.  It will often 'unfreeze' and continue as normal, but will inevitably do it again anywhere from about 2 minutes to 5 minutes later or I will have to exit out of the save.  I am unable to change sims when it is frozen and clicking on their icons won't do anything, but if I click on the family pet it will center on the pet and then I can center back on the active sim.  I can also change the menus between inventory, needs, job etc.

Message 27 of 719 (2,004 Views)

Hero
@hannahlquise That's exactly what I saw on the save I tested. The saves are bloating immensely, then they start using too much RAM and crash

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 719 (1,998 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Having this issue as well, and looking at my saves seems to confirm this. Saves that were working fine are about 3 MB, and then the latest saves are about 50 - 60 MB. Can't play more than a minute or two before time stops and sims freeze. No idea what's causing this beyond normal gameplay.
Message 29 of 719 (1,989 Views)

Re: Game freeze with animations continuing

Hero
@MagnificentOxy I'm merging this with the main thread on the freezes.

How big is your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 719 (1,981 Views)