[ARCHIVED] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by sjr159

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 doenst respond to keyboad/mouse commands after update 10-11-2020

Hero
@Cvanrijn @cokonuut I merged your posts in here. It's probably all the same and related to the current crashing issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 719 (3,410 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Cvanrijn My game also just stopped midgame when traveling to work. The game is unplayable after this update. When is the fix coming?
Message 12 of 719 (3,358 Views)

Hero
@Cvanrijn All known details in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 719 (3,349 Views)

GAME STALLS WITH NEW UPDATE

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, all expansion packs, and everything BUT magic, starwars, and strangerville.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For me it just happens when I play.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will stall and I can't click around on other sims or control their actions - happens every 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Gets worse as the time continues. Also, when they all are asleep the game will not speed forward.
What do you expect to see? The game not to stall on me anymore.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My game has been stalling and pausing. 

Message 14 of 719 (3,351 Views)

Time and sims frozen, but the game does not crash

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, Discover University, Seasons, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea, it just occured - I haven t installed anything new recently.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to play my favourite save, I load the family and after just few seconds/minutes the time freezes and I m also unable to change from controlling current sim to another. I also can t save the game. But I can more around the lot so the game is not freezed totaly. Also, some animations still continues, e.g. falling snow, event when the time, controlling and sims are frozen. I also can t save the game - it does not crash just takes hours without any progress. I tried to delete cache, repair and reinstall the game so far.
What do you expect to see? I expect the time continue and that I can control all of my family sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When I try to play my favourite save, I load the family and after just few seconds/minutes the time freezes and I m also unable to change from controlling current sim to another. I also can t save the game. But I can more around the lot so the game is not freezed totaly. Also, some animations still continues, e.g. falling snow, event when the time, controlling and sims are frozen. I also can t save the game - it does not crash just takes hours without any progress.

I tried to delete cache, repair and reinstall the game so far.

Message 15 of 719 (3,336 Views)

CLOCK STOPS and SIMS WON'T AGE UP WHEN BLOWING OUT CAKE

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have holiday stuff, patio stuff and Weather expansion pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I added the saved file to look at. PLEASE HELP
What happens when the bug occurs? I start playing the game and 5min or so in the game the clock stops going and my sims are still "moving", but are stuck where they are. I can't click on anything or switch sims...NOTHING. I never had this problem until the recently when my Sims 4 game was updated. Also, when I try to age my sims up to blow out the candles my sim will blow the candles out and WON'T age up but will just be transported outside or in another part of the house without aging up. I have to have them blow out the candles so many times before it will finally trigger it to work. Please help. These problems have made it frustrating to play. I appreciate the help. Thank you.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to move and time not to stop and my sims to age up when they blow out the candles....but it doesn't.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tArA_1B698udQm15bmt-_15S86TwQhWD/view?usp=sharing 

Message 16 of 719 (3,333 Views)

Re: GAME STALLS WITH NEW UPDATE

★★ Novice

I got the same bug

But play for a while with a new sim or an existing normal sim
After that, playing with the sim in question solved the following issues

・ Everyone is sleeping, but cannot speed up
・ Action control
・ Abnormal save
・ Sim freeze

Possibility of temporary solution
Not solved in all environments

I share that I solved it this way

Message 17 of 719 (3,321 Views)

Re: CLOCK STOPS and SIMS WON'T AGE UP WHEN BLOWING OUT CAKE

Hero
@cbuljung Merging this with the game clock stop issue

For the aging, please post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sim-doesn-t-age-up-by-blowing-out-candles/td-p/971...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 719 (3,313 Views)

Re: Game time stops

★★★ Newbie

Can I send you my saved file to take a look at it as well?

Message 19 of 719 (3,270 Views)

Re: Game time stops

Hero
@cbuljung I'm guessing it's the issue EA is aware of. There's not much I can do currently.
Try if audio suggestions helps with the lags: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 719 (3,263 Views)