[ARCHIVED] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by sjr159

Original Post

Unsusually long loading-times

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Newest from 17/11-2020 update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Pretty much all of Them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For me the problem is when I launch a save from the main menu. Initializing the save takes a very very Long time (so far have been waiting 20 minutes and it is still loding). Music is playing, the texts are rolling and sim icon spinning but thats about it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Same as explained above
What do you expect to see? I usually have a loading-time of 10-40 seconds. This is really annoying. I cannot play the game because ir wont load!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 17-11-2020 patch update

Uploaded a photo of the loading screen. It just keeps loading and loading

Message 131 of 719 (736 Views)

November 2020 fixed update

★★ Novice

game loads up then takes ages to get into my household then completely freezes after 2 mins. Can’t even exit out of the game.  Never had any issues with sims 4 update before. 

Message 132 of 719 (846 Views)

Re: Unsusually long loading-times

Hero
@ZofiaPetSki Merging this with the main thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 133 of 719 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Those who suffer save game bloat, do you have Seasons? In the save file I mentioned earlier there are 6662 hidden townies with Father Winter trait.

Edit: It might be helpful to keep Clement Frost (original FW) alive and employed or to cancel any Winterfests before it even starts.

Message 134 of 719 (825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@kusurusuHow can i find those secret people? Lol I looked at households section but as you mentioned before nothing was different, i mean they are all from the past. Do i need to use some mods like MCCC? And do you think we can get rid of “future father winters” by just eliminating “father winter” choice from Winterfest or do i need to delete Winterfest completely? :/

Message 135 of 719 (788 Views)

Re: Sims still freezing after update 1.34

★★★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me as well. The only difference being I play on PC. It’s like time literally stops in the game.

Message 136 of 719 (646 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game time stops/ Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had this same issue. After the update on november 10th, the game would take a long time to load into my save file that existed before the update. Sometimes I would just stall out where the time would stop, but I could hear the sims audio and they would still be moving a little. When I looked at the task manager, I could see the sims quickly taking up 100% of my computer's memory, so I'm pretty sure it's a memory leak issue. I also had to force quit out of the game.

It was so bad that I was eventually only able to play max 5 minutes before the issue presented itself. My save file was also giant for this household and new saves seemed to not have this issue.

After the 17th update didn't fix the issue, I ended up saving my house and my family to my library in the gallery and starting a new save with them. You lose NPCs, exact season days (if you have seasons), household collections and maybe some other stuff I didn't notice. I played for about an hour without an issue and my save file looks to be a normal size. SO hopefully this fixed it and helps someone else too!

Message 137 of 719 (769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@JuliaChang93Not sure how to remove them after they spawned (given they don't appear in manager), but yeah, removing FW tradition (if possible) should be enough to prevent bug.

Message 138 of 719 (741 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problems my game loads up and I can play it for about 5 mins then it just freezes. I have no mods I’ve never used mods I have updated and repaired I even uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing is working I can not play at all and now getting a message come up it won’t let me attract photo 

Message 139 of 719 (706 Views)

Re: 'Time stop'/Sims AI stopping

★★ Novice
@SimQARobo thanks. very frustrated there's been so many issues recently Frown
Message 140 of 719 (674 Views)