Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by SheikahWolf99

Original Post

★★ Novice
@simmy2103 I'm having the same problems as this person. Super long loading time, can't click on anything and time freezes (although sims go on) and as Winterfest just happened, I'm not able to see Winterfest in the calendar so that I can disable or remove winter fest. Incredibly frustrating that we have to wait for the next update, AGAIN. I really don't understand how EA justifies charging the amount they do for packs, without any notice that you're going to need to use mods and coding in the future to use the game. The lack of accountability on their part is insane.
Message 521 of 719 (769 Views)

Active sims frozen/cannot select actions

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, get to work, parenthood, spooky stuff, holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Regular gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Active sim will freeze and no actions become available to select, cannot select other sims or objects, cannot change active sim or pause/fast forward time
What do you expect to see? Being able to click action menus with active sims, ability to change active sim without lag, be able to pause and fast forward effectively
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Active sims will be playable for roughly a few minutes then do not work again, I have tried closing the game and restarting my computer several times without changes 

Message 522 of 719 (663 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Also why isn’t this absolute croc of rubbish issue more publicised?! If I had known I wouldn’t have played winter fest and my challenge save game wouldn’t be absolutely unplayable and ruined!!!!!

Message 523 of 719 (762 Views)

Game freezes after a few seconds

★★ Novice

Everything on my game was working fine after the update until yesterday. I can get into the game fine, but as soon as I give my sim an action, the game freezes. Trees are still moving, the sun still goes up and down, fire in the fireplace still moves, but the clock does not move. Yesterday I was unable to even get out of the game after a freeze, today I was at least able to pull up the windows task manager and end the game. Anyone know if this is something they are working on fixing? 

Message 524 of 719 (674 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, it says very high for power usage. What does this mean and how do I fix it, because this hasn’t been a problem up until this update.

Message 525 of 719 (796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@laurareay89 I feel you. I'm playing on Xbox One and I also have a challenge save I really don't want to lose. I also, like you, don't have a previous save I can go back to and I am terrified that this save file might be damaged beyond repair

Message 526 of 719 (792 Views)

Re: Game speed will not stay on ultra speed

★★ Novice

Hey! So after doing some digging on Reddit, I tried this fix and it fixed the time problem completely as well as the other issues mentioned in this link: Ihttps://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2020/11/father-winter-doesnt-appear-at-winterfest-endless-generation-...

I’m not sure if this works for everyone but it helped my game time run properly and my game seems to be running a lot better now altogether! Hopefully ea issues an official patch to fix this soon

Message 527 of 719 (517 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is also happening to me! I've never had any trouble with my game. I've never downloaded anything that wasn't an expansion pack or game pack, and ever since the last update I can't even make it through 2 minutes of game play. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've done power cycles and even deleted old save files I don't play to try and help it work properly. NOTHING WORKS! 

Message 528 of 719 (783 Views)

Re: Game freezes after a few seconds

@JENWARREN3  It sounds like you might have this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

If so, you can try the workarounds described in the post.

I'm sure this issue will be fixed sooner or later, since it's so pervasive and grinds the game to a halt, but you may not want to wait that long.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 529 of 719 (725 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same for me. Unplayable Frown

Message 530 of 719 (789 Views)