Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by laurareay89

Original Post

Hero

@crystalf1ambe1 If you check your RAM usage in the task manager, is that really high ? 

@wjbechtle I'm guessing you already have too many Father Winters and the game can't cope with the deleting. Did you have a Winterfest since the patch at all ? Any backups ? 

@sdb3z @Scohn31 @Snowpey  I've merged your post with the current thread on this. Please see post #2 for more info.

@TwinGoddessLA No, Origin has it's own issues but doesn't have anything to do with the game freezes described in this thread. The spiking on Origin mostly happens when you repair the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 511 of 719 (639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just got it 2 weeks ago but now also 28-11-2020 and today also can´t do anything.

game is freezing and clock also, when  i want to leave the sims he falls down and cut my sims off 

Message 512 of 719 (606 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure... how do you tell?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?Expansion Packs: City Living, Get Famous, Island Living, Eco Living, Get Together, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Discovery University, Snowy Escape Game Packs: Magic, Vampires, Parenthood, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out Stuff: Nifty Knitting, Vintage Glamour, Tiny House, Mochino,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? n/a?
What happens when the bug occurs? All of a sudden, I can't click on any of my other sims in the household. Then when I pause the game to see what's going on, my sims still is stilling moving even though it's on pause. Unsure of what's going on, I try to leave the page - perhaps go to manage world or build mode, but that doesn't work ether. It freezes. I can't even save the game without it freezing.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to switch between sims without it messing up the game. When I pause the game. everything should stop moving. And finally, when I save change the page, it should load for a short time but not for 20 minutes - requiring me to force quit out of the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Not really a patch, but I was having issues with another game because I had so many mods installed. What ended up happening was I removed the mods/ cc and factory restarted my game. This game is virtually brand new with NO outside content and yet it's not working.

N/A 

Message 513 of 719 (528 Views)

Re: Game time stops

★ Apprentice

I had the Father Winter issue. I restored the last "healthy" backup and it is working fine. I didn't even have to cancel Winterfest (the backup was at 6pm Winterfest day), I just removed the father winter tradition and voila, the game is OK.

Thank you very much!!  :D

Message 514 of 719 (651 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Tried even save & quit and it would freeze. 

Message 515 of 719 (659 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the Father Winter issue too now. I'll be going back to a save game from a few weeks ago for now but I'll follow this thread to see if there's a solution.

Father winter seems to have a lot of problems, I had to "replace" my main Sim some time ago after learning that the disappearing items from the inventory were most likely from my Sim being Father Winter's Baby :-(

Message 516 of 719 (651 Views)

★★★★ Novice

kinda premature to be saying this is solved when mass people are having problems... and im getting this when i dont have seasons or any packs installed...i load up the game and it freezes... and wont load properly causing me to quit using task manager... there is nothing wrong with my pc that is causing it to do this i have not installed/uninstalled anything before snowy escape that would cause this to happen it worked fine for a week than 2 weeks ago it just decided to give up.. would really wish we would get an actual update from ea bout this but thats not gonna happen .. lol

Message 517 of 719 (636 Views)

★★ Novice

AH! It WAS Winterfest and I DID notice that Father Winter never showed up!! I'll step through the fixes to see if that solves it. You da real MVP.

Message 518 of 719 (640 Views)

Sims 4 freezing since November update on Mac (not crashing)

★★ Novice

Hi guys - I have an issue following the November update but couldn't find any solution here yet. I can play as usual for maybe 20 minutes then it starts to freeze and I can't click on another sim in my household or it takes 10-20mins to actually switch control. I can click on an object but the menu won't appear straight away... while the sims freeze and time doesn't move the actual game in the back is fine - I can see the rain falling, music playing, etc.

I have tried repairing the game a couple of times on Origin but it still happens. I thought it was linked to the 'Father Winter' issue and removed it from the Winterfest tradition but still happens... please help me Frown

Message 519 of 719 (455 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think I’m having this issue as well but on PlayStation 4. How the hell do I fix it? I don’t have an older game to go back to! I don’t want to loose my challenge save. What a croc of crap this game is - it’s a toilet 😞 a very expensive TOILET! 

Message 520 of 719 (611 Views)