Re: Game time stops

by wjbechtle

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  yep, sadly the earliest backup i could get (ones that create automatically), is already during Winterfest).

I've installed LeRoiDeTout's script - when I didn't have it - i did get LE's, now LE's are not logged, but the save game is still bloating up with homeless sims trying to be father christmas
Am I correct its the should_stop_fatherwinter_errors.ts4script made by LeRoiDeTout ? maybe I've downloaded the wrong one

Message 491 of 719 (896 Views)

Hero
@vanwartith No, that's a different issue (still a good mod to also have).

You need this one: LeRoiDeTout_Should_Fix_SIAFU_Errors.ts4script

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 492 of 719 (942 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★ Guide
I’ve been following this bug report since its creation, & as we approach page 50 for this thread & I notice that some understandably are growing more weary for a fix, I thought that I’d try to throw Crin a bone & just share the realization that I made a little while ago:

We already knew that updates were scheduled for just before SE’s release & early December. A hotfix was released one week after November’s update, & then the following week (this week) was a holiday week/weekend for the US. That just leaves one final week between now & when EA was scheduled to release their December update. Taking into consideration the extra time they tend take to have their content approved by console platforms… All of this is to say that are no real solutions, & we *likely* won’t see another hotfix, or any fix until a week & a half from now as was predetermined, sadly.
Message 493 of 719 (937 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I haven’t had winter fest yet, My game is still in spring, love day hasn’t even come yet.

Message 494 of 719 (881 Views)

Hero
@crystalf1ambe1 Does it lag in all your families ? Do you have RAM usage spikes ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 495 of 719 (848 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★★★ Newbie

Currently my game is freezing and extended leading issues. I first thought it was my mods so I deleted lot of CC and Mods which hurt. After deleting the problem is still there. When will the problem be fixed?

Message 496 of 719 (849 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

i don’t know what ram spikes are and I’ve only been playing one family and it doesn’t lag, just stops after a few seconds of playing.

Message 497 of 719 (825 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, my game is in spring as well. Love day has not come yet and it is not in winterfest. The mods in the solution in post 2 did not fix the issue. I am trying the Main Command delete all homeless but game seems to crash when doing that. 

Message 498 of 719 (813 Views)

Installed DLCs, Can't Swap Characters, Game Stalls on Save

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood, Discover University, Seasons, Tiny Living Stuff, Vampires, StrangerVille, Spooky Stuff, Realm of Magic, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack, Cats & Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure - it happens without any prompting almost as soon as I start playing the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a few minutes of playing the game, I can no longer switch between character, pause the game, etc. The first time it happened the game froze when I was trying to save it to shut it down and try to reboot.
What do you expect to see? Basic functionality working properly - switching between sims, being able to pause, save, etc. without the game freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just downloaded two more DLCs during the Steam Autumn Sale - Cats & Dogs and Nifty Knitting. I tried to play the game after installing the new DLCs and after a few minutes of playing I realized I could no longer switch between characters. I think I was able to save it and knock the glitch loose...but a few minutes later it happened again, and when I tried to save the whole game froze up. I was finally able to save and close the game, then rebooted my machine to see if that would fix anything. Today was the first time I had a chance to play again (I have a 4yo that makes gaming a challenge) and ran into the same issue almost immediately. This time I decided to save and close immediately - it again took much longer to save than it usually does.

I stream on Twitch, so both of these sessions are available to watch for at least a couple weeks. The first time I didn't shut down my feed so it's a couple hours long.

I reached out to EA Support through their chat on the website and was told there's nothing they can do - I needed to submit a ticket here. So here I am. 

Message 499 of 719 (692 Views)

Re: Game speed will not stay on ultra speed

★ Novice
@sailorm000n Same here. Please update me if you ever get a response/fix!!
Message 500 of 719 (491 Views)