Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by Unbounded13

Original Post

Sims 4 glitches and crushes - TS4_x64.exe error if lucky enough to load

★★★★ Novice

I faced the problem of the game closing unexpectedly which it was ok after the latest Nov update but now things seem to get worse. The game struggles to load, if will load it crushes that much that even the sims time does not go by, and if I try to save in the first game play minute, before the glitch, it stops and says TS4_x64.exe error.

I am really tired of these problems this month ... 🥴

Message 441 of 719 (374 Views)

Re: 'Time stop'/Sims AI stopping

★★ Apprentice
@melk1978 Same here. I haven't even been able to play Snowy Escape because of this...
Message 442 of 719 (585 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict The "accepted" solution did not work for me, that's why I am still here.
Message 443 of 719 (583 Views)

Re: CANNOT PLAY GAME SINCE UPDATE

★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately, I don't think my problem is connected with Winterfest.

Message 444 of 719 (569 Views)

Re: Using all 16GB of RAM; Game freezing and unresponsive

★ Novice

That was exactly what I needed!! <3 Thank you so much!!

Message 445 of 719 (469 Views)

Game speed will not stay on ultra speed

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion/pack/stuff pack EXCEPT Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I click on ultra speed, it automatically reverts back to normal speed after a few seconds. Home lots and visiting other lots.
What do you expect to see? To be able to use the different speeds without them automatically switching back to normal speed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've already repaired my game, removed all mods and cc, and even did a folder refresh. This all started a few days into playing with the fixed patch for the new update. It was fine one morning but after I save and exited the game and came back later that day, this problem started and has persisted ever since

Message 446 of 719 (392 Views)

Hero
@Unbounded13 The accepted solution is a statement of EA saying they're looking into it. Someone was asking if they are aware.So that's what that conversation was about.

@Karamazov123 If you think it's something else than Father Winter, please create your own thread in the tech forum of your platform, providing specs and information what exactly happens in your game and saying that you don't think it's the Father Winter issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 447 of 719 (527 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks for the advice. I made a thread.
Message 448 of 719 (685 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Mine is definitely Winterfest that's causing the problem. I uploaded my family to my library, and deleted EVERYTHING (I kept my old save), and have been playing a new house to see if there has been any issues, but everything is fine.. So it's definitely Winterfest for me 🥺
Message 449 of 719 (675 Views)

Re: Sims 4 glitches and crushes - TS4_x64.exe error if lucky enough to load

@lianaki1  Do you think this might be your issue?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

It's related to Winterfest and Father Winter, so it only applies if your sims are celebrating or have recently celebrated Winterfest.

If that's not your issue, please start a new save and see how it runs, just for comparison.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 450 of 719 (380 Views)