by GypsyRozLyn

Original Post

Game play freezing after November update and Patch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Star Wars, Realm of magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Tiny living stuff, Toddler stuff, Kids room stuff and Holiday Celebration pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The game will play for a maximum of 2 minutes
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the game has loaded to the worlds, it will take 20 plus minutes for a household to open. Once the household opens it will work for a maximum of 2 minutes before the time freezes and then the game will stop allowing me to click on anything or do anything. The weather still changes and cars still drive past but I am unable to do anything with the sims or play the game itself. I have tried to use a different household but it is the same.
What do you expect to see? Game play which is not lagging or freezing and being able to play with the sims in the household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 10th Update and November 17th Patch

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template 

Message 401 of 719 (444 Views)

Re: 'Time stop'/Sims AI stopping

★★★ Novice

Same.  The game is freezing and crashing, but not just winterfest (although the past two winterfests have been sans Father Winter...).  I can’t even get task manager to open so I can shut the game down that way. It totally locks my computer. 

Message 402 of 719 (565 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★★★★ Novice

Im on ps4 and the same happend to me

Message 403 of 719 (565 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi I honestly have no idea what I am doing because this is my first time ever responding/having an issue to report so I don't know if I am doing this right (super sorry if I am not!) , but I am having a really similar issue. My gamer is currently on the day past Winterfest (Father Winter never came) and everything is stuck. Nothing is playable, cheats (including debug/reset) don't work, I can go into build/buy mode but I cant place items, etc. It may work for a few minutes, my sims will walk around and get to their next task, but they cannot complete it. I was playing in a large household so I thought that was the issue, but it carried over to my one sim household as well. I have restarted the game and my computer many times but it hasn't seemed to work. Again, I am sorry if I have responded wrong or something, just trying to figure out how to fix my game Standard smile

Thank you!!

Message 404 of 719 (555 Views)

★★ Novice

For me, I didn’t have any problems until I got snowy escape.  Then several games all froze on Winterfest.

Message 405 of 719 (509 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★ Guide

I felt so lucky because I was not having the crashing and other issue, but now my game just froze - first time that has ever happened where you cannot even reset a sim. Had to use the task manager to quit it. Also having sims constantly drop doing one thing to do another.

Message 406 of 719 (516 Views)

Re: Time and sims frozen, but the game does not crash

★★ Apprentice

I am also having this exact issue, did you find a solution for it?

Message 407 of 719 (615 Views)

Re: Time and sims frozen, but the game does not crash

★★★★★ Novice

I've been having this issue since the Nov 17 update. I started a new save after reading this thread and disabled Father Winter in the spring well before Winterfest, which still hasn't happened yet, but the time freeze still happens eventually during live mode.

Message 408 of 719 (607 Views)

Re: New

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict This doesn't work for me. My game is still bugged and unplayable since the recent update.

@FreyaFettuccine Same, it has been since the update. I don't want to lose my family or their progress... Seems really unfair. Especially since I bought Snowy Escape and a few other expansions and haven't been able to play ANYTHING at all since their stupid "update"... I cannot get passed 1:17AM in game.

@Kenyonia I have asked for a refund serveral times because I have not been able to play ONCE since that stupid update and haven't even gotten to try Snowy Escape and they refuse to refund me... They told me to wait for the update which I did, and I STILL cannot play the game because of Winter Fest!

I have done both. The fix did not work and I don't really know what the DxDiag is for, but attached it anyways. My system has always played the sims 4 just fine and is more the adequate, my issues only began one they did an update and I purchased Snowy Escape, so I know it has nothing to do with my PC and everything to do with EA. 

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 409 of 719 (565 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

How do you remove or close or temporarily shut down seasons?

Message 410 of 719 (563 Views)