Re: Sims 4 game glitching even worse since patch (not crashing tho)

by dimon6579

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 game glitching even worse since patch (not crashing tho)

★ Guide

This happens in my game, but i have no issues with winterfest. I do notice slowdown with sims and they freeze in place sometimes, even when changing speeds. I do not have the same problem with winterfest. In fact, i don't even own a fireplace and father winter still visits me. In fact last winterfest in my game, we became friends. Still, i am experiencing the same slowdown as original poster mentions. This has happened since the last patch.

Message 371 of 719 (679 Views)

Re: Game keeps on freezing after November 2020 update

★★★ Novice

I have this same issue. And there is no option for me to repair the game. That option is grayed out on my end.

Message 372 of 719 (608 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

★★ Apprentice

I am going to add my voice to the resound echo of "Same here" and add that I originally thought it was something wrong with my computer.  I tried lowering the graphical settings, cleaning out my PC (LOTS of cat hair, I think my fur ball is sleeping on my PC when I'm not looking) and turned the On Line feature off, but my game would continue to crash after only ten minutes of game play.  Now, I was able to get an hours of play time today by simply NOT increasing the speed at all, but the game continued to chug and lag and eventually it quietly died behind a loading screen.  I am very sad.

Message 373 of 719 (709 Views)

New

★★★ Newbie

Just started playing sims 4 again, game was fine at first but now it freezes 1 or 2mins into gameplay. Need help on how to resolve this, thanks.

Message 374 of 719 (603 Views)

Re: Game time stops

★★ Guide
@purplecheet0s I just loaded up my saved game and it was fine. No lag at all.
Message 375 of 719 (700 Views)

Re: Game works for 5 mins then gets stuck

★★ Novice

I'm experencing the same thing and its beyond fustrating and at this point I want my money back! This is ridiculous and extremely unprofessional of them to not announce any fixes

Message 376 of 719 (813 Views)

Re: Game keeps on freezing after November 2020 update

@shiningstar8706  You need to quit the game to see the Repair option.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache (Windows) or run the Origin reset tool (macOS) and then look again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 377 of 719 (545 Views)

Re: New

@terryblack11  Is this the issue you're having?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Freeze-Extended-Loading-Times-Save-Game/m-p...

It's related to Winterfest, so it only applies if your sims are celebrating or have recently celebrated the holiday.  Please read the first few posts on page one for more information.

If that's not your issue, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 378 of 719 (549 Views)

Sims frozen, reset not working

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all packs except snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? sims do not move
What happens when the bug occurs? sims don't move but game continues to run
What do you expect to see? sims staying still
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Since I installed the Star Wars Expansion, my Sims are frozen and no amount of resets will fix it.

Thanks!

Message 379 of 719 (377 Views)

Re: Game works for 5 mins then gets stuck

★★ Novice

I am so frustrated too. I didn't know that father winter is the resolution, so i have saved my game now so many times that i can't get so old save that i can delete him :-) 

Message 380 of 719 (773 Views)