Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by leiawhorgana

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Glitch PC - Sims get "stuck"

★★ Apprentice

It absolutely is Winterfest right now!!! I wondered why Father Winter never came. I'll take a look at the link you provided 😊

Message 321 of 719 (665 Views)

Re: Game time stops

★★ Apprentice

This is my exact issue as well, and I have also done all these steps and still have the issue. 

Message 322 of 719 (778 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine is doing the same thing! I tried making new copies of the game but they all freeze the same way. I can only play in livemode for maybe 3-5 mins before the time clock freezes and my sims still move slightly, doing the same thing they were doing at the time that the clock stops, but snow still falls and traffic still moves. I also tried switching lots and moving my family with no success. 

I ran reports on my laptop and its working perfectly fine, the only thing I can think of is the ram. But before the 11/10 update my game was perfectly fine, not even running slow. 

PLEASE HELP!!

Message 323 of 719 (774 Views)

★★ Guide
@tiffanie_w The same thing was happening to me too. So I started a totally new game and it was fine. No lag, no freezing. So I went back to my legacy family snd moved one of the young adult Sims out on her own (with a trust fund.) I haven’t had a single issue. I can move from her back to the legacy family, and no issues. I even went to Mt. Komorebi for a vacation and no issues. This workaround worked for me. I hope it’s able to help you too.
Message 324 of 719 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ja420 wrote:
@tiffanie_wThe same thing was happening to me too. So I started a totally new game and it was fine. No lag, no freezing. So I went back to my legacy family snd moved one of the young adult Sims out on her own (with a trust fund.) I haven’t had a single issue. I can move from her back to the legacy family, and no issues. I even went to Mt. Komorebi for a vacation and no issues. This workaround worked for me. I hope it’s able to help you too.

hey hun, how were you able to return to your legacy family if you started a new game if you don't mind me asking?

Message 325 of 719 (721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. Game clock freezes, you can put it on fast speed but the sims are stuck. When it's "paused" all the animations are still moving. 

I have checked with a previous save, and it works fine. I have checked with a different household in a different world on the same save, and it does not work. This save is my largest, it's around 56,000 KB with lots of "versions" in the save file around 13,000 KB. All my other saves are around 6,000 KB. It's Winterfest in this save, and I know there has been a problem with Father Winter, so I killed him and deleted his ghosts using cheats. He doesn't have any children. Still have the same problem.

I have repaired my game and uninstalled/reinstalled origin. I have no CC and my only mod is MCCC which is up to date. Please help Frown 

I have the save file if you need it.

Message 326 of 719 (805 Views)

★★ Novice

Like you said, I restarted a new game and it worked PERFECTLY. I saved my previous family and my house on the gallerie and started playing on a new game. No lag, no crash and no bugs. Thank you so much for that! It's not really the solution, but I can play quietly now Standard smile

Message 327 of 719 (792 Views)

Re: sims 4 game time freeze

★★ Novice

same issue. it freezes around 2:50-3:10AM Sims time every time. everyone/everything will still be moving but can't click anything. then it crashes. every single time without fail. 

build mode is okay for me but saves can cause crashing as well, like 40% of the time. 

Message 328 of 719 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@leiawhorgana Killing your current Father Winter isn't going to help . The bug is that the game keeps generating new Father Winters, thousands of them, until it runs out of memory and it crashes.

If this is the Father Winter bug, and you have a version of that save from before Winterfest, you should be able to go into it, delete the Winterfest event from the calendar (or just delete the Father Winter tradition), and it should then be OK, because then the game won't try to create more Father Winters. 

At the moment, there isn't a way to rescue the saves that are already bloated with thousands of unnecessary sims, and it's unclear whether any patch will do so either.

Message 329 of 719 (733 Views)

★★★ Guide

Had this happen again right before the midsummer event last night (which shouldn't generate Father Winter or anything similar). Same thing; game stopped and consumed memory at a rapid rate. Only this time I didn't get a LE.

Message 330 of 719 (708 Views)