Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game Freeze/ Extended Loading Times/ Save Game Bloating

by LadyLionette

Original Post

Re: Unable to save or close game

★★★★ Novice

I updated my game with the patch after having problems with my game freezing and it is still doing the same thing. I go to play and the time gets to 4:53pm on Thursday and will freeze right there. It will not budge. I have to turn the power off in order to shut down my PC and get it to work again. If I try again, it will do the same exact thing and freeze at the same exact time, no matter what Sim or what family or what world I am playing in. This has just gotten really frustrating now. It has taken me awhile to figure out where to try to find out any answers and I have repaired my game several times in Origin and restarted my computer and it still does the exact same thing. It is getting very frustrating and I am trying not to lose faith in the game because I love it so much. I am about to give up and I just purchased Snowy Escape, so I am hoping that I did not just throw $43 out the window. That is a lot of money these days. I am just very frustrated this evening after trying all day today trying to get the game to work. Very disappointed.

Message 121 of 719 (1,892 Views)

Re: [PATCH AVAILABLE] Game Crashes after November 2020 Patch

★★ Novice

After the most recent update, I'm experiencing the crashing issue far worse. Prior the the update, my game would freeze for a moment but eventually start working again. Now, the game freezes (in game clock stops) and eventually crashes. 

Troubleshooting:

1. Restarted origin

2. Repair game

3. Removed all mods

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 122 of 719 (2,049 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I've had the same issue since the November 10 patch (time freezes a couple minutes after loading into my save file and I can't interact with anything and have to force quit the game). I waited a couple of days after the update because I wanted to use an updated version of MCCC, so I started playing the Sims 4 again on November 12. Everything was running fine (to my knowledge) until I ran into the bug that causes issues with Sims aging up with a birthday cake. I had to try twice before moving the cake to a counter and successfully aging up the Sim. I had her change appearance and then Winterfest started in my game. I had my Sims gather to light the tree, and then I encountered the freezing issue for the first time.

I ended up force quitting the game, removed MCCC (I had previously removed all my mods and CC in anticipation of the Nov 10 patch, but had redownloaded and reinstalled the newer version of MCCC). I also tried reverting to a backup save but the issue ends up happening with it as well. I have not yet tried to revert back to before my Sim aged up as I'm assuming I will probably just encounter the issue again and would prefer to wait until it's fixed before I try.

I will note that I was playing on my main save file (Legacy Challenge, on Generation 4), so that may account for some of the bulk.
Most of my save files are around 3-5MB, but my main save was at 23MB at 6:15PM November 12, and then skyrocketed to 143MB at 6:43PM. The highest it has gone to is 166MB at 9:46PM, which I believe was one of my attempts to save the game before the freezing could occur. I do also have the issue where the game takes longer to load than normal.

I have tried launching from a recovered backup that starts after my Sim has aged up and have tried to take different actions including a) not lighting the tree, b) not opening presents, c) not cleaning the dishes, d) ending Winterfest early, but the game always ends up freezing a couple minutes in regardless.

It looks like my recovered backup was also 23MB before I tried to save again before the freezing could occur, which jumped the file up to 85MB

After the Nov 17 patch, I attempted to relaunch the game to see if it was fixed (it wasn't). This is when I noticed that Origin was using up 93.6% of my CPU (Intel Core i7-4790K CPU 4.00GHz (8CPUS)) which capped it out at 100% with the other stuff I had open, so I ended all the Origin related process, restarted Origin, and relaunched the Sims 4. This seemed to fix the CPU issue and I was able to play for a few minutes longer than I have been able to, and was crossing my fingers that I might have found a possible cause, but then I saw my memory spike up to 96% (I have 16GB RAM) and my game froze again.

Message 123 of 719 (2,048 Views)

Re: Games freezes at same the same sim time

★★★ Newbie

i am having this same issue. i even tried creating new family and same thing was happening. i deleted all my mods. repaired the game. uninstalled and reinstalled and i’m still having issues. 

Message 124 of 719 (1,941 Views)

Re: Games freezes at same the same sim time

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having this same exact issue!

Message 125 of 719 (1,939 Views)

[ Edited ]

@sophiecampione  I've merged your thread into the master on this issue.  You can keep an eye on this thread for updates.

@crystalf1ambe1  I've merged your posts too; please keep an eye on this thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 126 of 719 (1,972 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Freezing

Hero
@EeveeTinn I merged your post with the master thread.

The thread you posted in did sounds the same but yours is for sure. Still waiting on confirmation on the other.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 127 of 719 (1,923 Views)

★ Pro

Checked one of the bloated save files and found thousands of randomly generated single sim households which don't apear in household manager.

Message 128 of 719 (1,917 Views)

Hero
@lucasjensen56 I merged your post with the thread on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 129 of 719 (1,886 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello Folks,

Just wanted to tell you that after doing troubleshooting for some time (reinstalling the game, fixing it, moving mods and saves etc) I was able to create new family and play without any issues. When I try to play with my old one the issue persists. Of course this is not perfect but maybe you are as myself under quarantine and you need Sims to keep it sane Wink So if you want to continue to play maybe try with new family. Hope it works for you at least for now.

Message 130 of 719 (1,758 Views)