Certain Base Game swatches Are Flagging as other Packs Used in the Gallery

by Glythfoxx

Original Post

Re: Gallery issue with showing packs I did not use

★★★ Guide
I am having the same issue, with sims I'm creating showing clothing/accessories from packs I'm not currently using. I have the filters set to basegame and Seasons, with hot/cold outfits. I have not played these sims, they are fresh out of CAS, uploaded to Gallery.

Is it possible the "Packs used" shows items that are on the sims before we edit them? I'm thinking I have to completely remove everything, THEN dress them how I want?
Message 31 of 71 (2,388 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Kathykins 

Can you upload a couple of examples to the Gallery so I can look at them?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 32 of 71 (2,381 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, with this lot I do not have a problem that was just my mistake I did not delete this ona last column, i have it for example with the base game family I uploaded after the shell challenge, or my Mermaid family it is showing that they have these Get to Work pants on but they do not wear them, the lot I showed you is not uploaded still it is not finished but I am 100% sure that I do not use any Cats&Dogs in this one, columns I use there, are basegame I always use filtering when I want to build something pack restricted. 

Thank you.

Message 33 of 71 (2,355 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimQARoboThey are sims I uploaded last night, a version of the Pleasant family from TS1. I'm in the process of re-creating them all (as I'm feeling nostalgic lately, and I can't install it on my pc these days, no working cd drive) They are showing to use items I never use on any sim, ever. It's really not a huge deal to me, but irritating, since I occasionally make sims using basegame only.

So, Pleasant family, same user name on the gallery as here. Check to include CC, as they use a default skin overlay

ETA: Just finished with the Roomies. Made sure every filter was set to "Basegame". Made sure I removed everything before adding what I wanted. Uploaded to Gallery and checked. It shows they use items from Get to work and Seasons. When I click to see what items, it shows a blank.

Working with filters in CAS makes me wish it worlked like in Build/Buy, when you set a filter (lets say Basegame), the filter stays when switching categories.

Message 34 of 71 (2,334 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Gallery showing wrong packs used

★★★★ Novice

I am having this exact same problem and it is driving me insane. I built a lot & noticed it was saying I used Luxury Party Stuff when I saved it to my library. Took me forever but I finally figured out where to see WHAT items it thinks I'm using- which is a necklace and shoes. I never even had any sims on this lot. I tried creating an entirely new game with a completely naked new sim and placing the lot, I tried placing the lot unfurnished and the icon disappeared- but sims don't just leave their necklaces and shoes around in this game so I don't know how it could be there to begin with!!! I closed game, repaired, restarted, still the same. Oh and no- I never use any CC or mods in my games since I know that's always the first question everyone asks, but these stupid games are buggy enough as it is without added third party code -.- I want to upload this build to the gallery but I'm way to OCD to do it before figuring out how to get rid of this stupid icon.

Message 35 of 71 (2,249 Views)

Certain Base Game swatches Are Flagging as other Packs Used in the Gallery

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All apart from news letter guitar freebie or the upcoming two (Eco and knitting)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Here a the steps 1. in cas give a sim base game styled outfits in all categories 2.save sim 3 give sim blue beanie on one of the outfit categories (preferably everyday) and save 4. change beanie to cream swatch (3rd swatch) and then save, check out the each sim's house hold save, the cream beanie swatch should then show packs used as get to work. 5. click on on get to work icon then click the items used and the Items used should be empty. (This is also an issue with build mode as I have built a house using only tiny living and base game objects and it's flagging as using get together)
What happens when the bug occurs? Certain base game swatches are flagging as other packs used when saving in the gallery
What do you expect to see? Base game objects not flagging as packs used in other packs and when
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, I have been doing a pack specific family challenge (Where I make a family for each pack using base game and pack specific clothing) and I noticed this bug when doing the last few packs I hadn't made families for certain members of each family were flagged as having pack specific clothes that weren't meant for that family e,g my Discover University family had a member that was showing up wearing a Get To Work pack; It was the Beanie hat in that instance but there were others such as the mc hammer shoes were flagging as  Get To Work when using the red swatch

and the very first female top in the blouse category (with the base game filter on) flags as another pack entirely when using a few of its other swatches.

When I tried to make a house with Just tiny living and base game objects, the house flagged as also using Get Together, When you click the GT pack icon and then packs used, the Items used is blank so this is affecting both CAS and Build Mode

I crudely made a video to demonstrate this issue.

I have a hunch that it's patched in base game objects that came with updates but I could be wrong.

Message 36 of 71 (2,232 Views)

Re: Certain Base Game swatches Are Flagging as other Packs Used in the Gallery

★★★★★ Novice
Message 37 of 71 (2,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@GlythfoxxI think your beanie problem is actually another problem than what this thread is about. The thing is that the beanie is base game for some of the colours, while other colours are from Get to Work. There are other items with this problem, such as a pair of pants from Dine Out and a pair of shorts from Parenthood.

Here’s a thread about that, it was first in bug reports but was moved to feedback because it’s “by design”: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Clothing-with-pack-only-swatches-not-tagged/m-...

Message 38 of 71 (2,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I didn't post in this thread, I made a bug report and a moderator merged my bug report/thread with this one. Thank you, though.

*Edited post for grammar

Message 39 of 71 (2,116 Views)

Re: gallery showing items not in build

★★★★★ Novice

Could you possibly try to restart your game or go offline then online again? I've been having a similar issue except no packs show up ever.

Message 40 of 71 (2,084 Views)