Re: Sims 4 Gallery Not Connecting

by CircuitD

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Yep, same problem here on Mac as well. First noticed an issue 2 1/2 to 3 hours ago, I tried all the troubleshooting steps on the old main thread about gallery issues. There's quite a few Twitter users complaining about the same issue as well, at least one said they're on Playstation.    

I can confirm that the Gallery worked fine this morning, I only started having an issue several hours later when I came back to play.

I also discovered I cannot accept the terms and conditions for the browser version of the gallery. I tried both Firefox and Chrome, again on a Mac, and the box popped up but only "decline" was clickable, "accept" didn't have a single clickable pixel.                                                                                

Message 21 of 113 (886 Views)

★ Guide

I'm on PC and have the same issue.  It looks like the issue is on the EA end.  I repaired my game twice and added sims and origin to antivirus exceptions and to the firewall.  Clearly that is not the problem.  My internet is fine. Origin is online, I get the news just fine.  It's just the gallery that is not connecting. I have the same try again window. Clearly, it's on sims team. 

Message 22 of 113 (810 Views)

ca

★ Apprentice

I am on the PC.  I am unable to connect to the gallery.  I have removed all mods.  I have Removed and reinstalled Origin.  I am running Origin and Sims 4 as administrator.  It shows me the usual ads in the main menu, so Origin knows I am connected, but when I go to gallery it tells me a connection is required and attempts to connect.but tells me it "could not connect".  Is there anything else I can try?

Message 23 of 113 (560 Views)

★★ Novice
@ScaryCaucasian yep. me too. been down for about 5 hours
Message 24 of 113 (802 Views)

Gallery not connecting on Xbox series x

★★★ Newbie

I'm not able to connect to the online gallery and every time I try it says it fails to connect but for some reason the Sims delivery system still works. It was working a couple hours ago but for some reason now it's not and I've checked and all my other online features work.

Message 25 of 113 (521 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue..  I'm on a PC though.  Been going on for a little over 5 hours.  I've done every troubleshooting step i can find or think of.  

Message 26 of 113 (773 Views)

Re: Error message when opening Sims 4

★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm going through the same think. The last 2 hours, I log on to sims4, I go into the sims4 Gallery, and it said I must go online. I have done everything, and no resolution. Hopefully, it gets resolved soon.

Thank you 

Message 27 of 113 (503 Views)

Re: Bug on EA Origins sales and Deals

★★★ Novice

Hi, I go into the sims4 gallery online, and its say's I'm offline, when I am online. Is there something going on with origin? I have tried everything, and nothing resolves this issue. I have been having this problem for 2 hours. Thank you

Message 28 of 113 (534 Views)

★ Guide

Problem clearly at EA.  The DownDetector reports over 600 comments with this issue since 7 PM. I have no problem with the game features being down and needing a tune up, but it would be nice if someone would post that there is a problem, so people don't waste time reinstalling and repairing the game. 

Message 29 of 113 (753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University Get together Cats and dogs City living Seasons Get famous Parenthood Laundry Day Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Review the Gallery connectivity
What happens when the bug occurs? I cant access to the Gallery and the game freezes
What do you expect to see? To be able to access the gallery again to download content
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, same issue for me on PS4. The gallery shows a message that "connection is required" when I am already connected to the internet and tested my console's connectivity. If I try to connect, the game gets stuck

Message 30 of 113 (740 Views)