[ARCHIVED] Gallery Counter not working correctly

by Lordkiribati

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Gallery Counter not working correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Recently, I'm having a bug on my gallery's creations. I have no ideia why, but my creation's number of downloads are acting like crazy, for example: one of my creations has 700 downloads. A hours later, it has 600 and a few days later it has 700 again, and the cycle repeats. When my creations complete 7 days, they loose downloads(I have no ideia why) and, like I said, some of them have an unstable number of downloads, but the funny thing is that my total number of downloads doesn't change, despite the number of downloads of my creations changing like crazy... Is this a bug or....?

Message 1 of 85 (4,157 Views)

Re: Gallery Bug

Hero

Is this only in the ingame gallery or also on the website ?

Also did you try playing around with the time frames ? Do you use weekly or all time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 85 (4,031 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Happy holidays,

I don't really use the website that much, but I think that it also happens there.

I didn't understood the second question very well, but if you asked what I think it is: no, and I use the weekly section of the gallery, however I notice this download's numbers strange bug on my profile.

Message 3 of 85 (4,025 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Lordkiribati

I moved your thread to the bug forum

I thought there was a way to limit your downloads to just a certain time frame (it's on the webpage that way) but in the ingame gallery it seems you can only sort by date so forget what I asked

I'll add it to the list on the next round.

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 85 (4,005 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed the same problem with two of my Sims curated by Maxis. One of them show's only 10 downloads, but in actuality he had over 10,000. The other Maxis curated Sim shows only 6 downloads and she should be showing over 8,000. It's strange because in my case, it's only those two Sims that the downloads are incorrect. Both of the favorites count for these Sims is correct and all of my other uploaded Sims, Lots and Rooms counts are unaffected. I've noticed this is occuring for both the online gallery and the in game gallery listings.

Hope this helps and that it gets fixed soon. Thank you! Standard smile

Message 5 of 85 (3,959 Views)

★ Guide

My problem with the Gallery is a little bit different.

The number of downloads of my creations on the Gallery website and the ingame Gallery are not the same. I've tried this a couple of times at the same time and they stay different.

Also lots which are set to 'coffeeshop'' suddenly have a number as lot type instead of lot type: coffeeshop.

Message 6 of 85 (3,895 Views)

Disappearing Downloads

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I have noticed that my total number of downloads in the gallery (in-game) has dropped by over 50,000! I was at over 260,000 in total but now my profile says 210,000 - three or four of my creations add up to 210,000 on their own so I am not sure why the gallery is not counting the downloaded items correctly? This happened with followers earlier in the week - I have around 1,500 followers, but it kept dropping to 1,200 - I didn't worry about this as it kept changing but my download count has not gone back up and as a creator I am proud of the a amount of times my creations have been downloaded so losing 50,000 downloads is not nice after all the hard work put into creating them. I am hoping that they can sort this out.  Is anyone else noticing this problem?

Message 7 of 85 (3,778 Views)

Re: Disappearing Downloads

Hero

Hi @DippyDesigns

I merged your post with existing bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 85 (3,769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thanks Crinrict!  I hope you had a wonderful birthday last week - good to know you are still here, solving all our problems! Thanks for all you do for us all <3

Edited to add that I have just been in game and my followers count has dropped from 1593 to 1293 so that is happening again too?!

Message 9 of 85 (3,763 Views)

Hero

I wish had some insight to offer but I don't.

I neither have a lot of followers nor many downloads ... so I can't test this

Maybe @BryonyRae has an insight to this if the same is happening to her ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 85 (3,746 Views)