[ARCHIVED] Gallery Counter not working correctly

by Lordkiribati

Original Post

Re: Gallery Bug / Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

i believe i said it started 2 weeks ago

What do you expect to see? 

Gallery newsfeed says 100 people downloaded a lot I built, but when I go to my gallery and look at the uploaded lots it only shows 9 or 14 or some other unrelated number. I watched the numbers go down over the course of a day instead of going up. The website confirms the 100 downloads. (this is just an example) This has been going on for about 2 weeks.

Message 71 of 85 (599 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

You are right, @marjia, my mistake, sorry about that.

Still, they were merged because from what you describe, from my understanding, they seem to be similar reports of gallery not showing favorites/downloads correctly. Also, as you can see, even if the thread was open a while ago, there are also new reports here.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 72 of 85 (594 Views)

★★ Guide

The counter is going backwards.  It is not the lag of your gallery server as described before.   There has always been that issue since day 1.  

This is totally different as it is counting backwards, the numbers get smaller.

Message 73 of 85 (586 Views)

EA app Team

Ok, @marjia, thanks for that. So when you upload something to the gallery, it starts with a higher than 0 number of downloads, and then the count goes ALWAYS down?

Could you share with up a link to one item having this behaviour?

-Mai

Message 74 of 85 (583 Views)

★★ Guide

there's no link, it happens ingame

Message 75 of 85 (579 Views)

EA app Team

Ok, would you feel comfortable sharing the name of the item so I can search for it in the gallery then? (Feel free to PM me if you prefer)

-Mai

Message 76 of 85 (584 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does anyone else get a response?

Message 77 of 85 (563 Views)

★ Apprentice
@redrowround. Good question Standard smile Standard smile.... no I don't. Or do you see someone? Since the last year here is from ea site no or just a bit move to this topic.Sorry for my bad english. I am german.
Message 78 of 85 (552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Your English is much better than my German Standard smile

No answer yet. I was cheekily pointing that out to EA. Standard smile

@EA_Mai Could the people not from America also get assistance? 

@EA_Mai I'd really like to enjoyably play my game but unfortunately still waiting on replies to questions from the weekend.... Should I use all capitals? That seemed to work for the only person you've bothered to deal with in 3 days 

@EA_Mai when will this be fixed

Message 79 of 85 (548 Views)

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Don't worry, if we didn't ask for more information, it's because the report and information you provided is clear enough for us, and we forward the information to the team, so they can investigate. Thanks for your detailed reports!

As usual, we will let you know if we have any updates here or in patch notes Standard smile

@redrowround, keep in mind what you have been doing is considered spam, and it's against the forum rules. Please, take the time to read them: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Answers-HQ-Announcements/New-EA-Forum-Rules-amp-Guidelines/td-p/6075534 

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 80 of 85 (476 Views)