[ARCHIVED] Gallery Counter not working correctly

by Lordkiribati

Original Post

Re: My 4294967293 uploads?!

★ Novice

I've also gained a bunch of "new" followers overnight. So I have the bug as well.

Message 31 of 85 (1,185 Views)

★★★ Guide

I have the same problem as svlyn2 and cinsinn - as far as I can see it applies to the number of followers, shared items and favorites on some of (mainly older) shared items. 

My number of followers jumped by about 40, the number of shared items by about 50.

The counter of favorites on some of the shared items appeares to be multiplied. As an extreme example, I have a Maxis faved item which had around 1000 favs. All of a sudden it shows about 5000. Meanwhile the number of downloads seems to be on the same level.

Also I noticed the same issue with other users/creations throughout the gallery.

Message 32 of 85 (1,172 Views)

Shared Item count increased

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have noticed a problem. I have gotten an increased number of things I've shared. It shows that I've shared 112 things, but I counted and recounted and it's 89. It used to be correct but over the course of two days it's increased.
Message 33 of 85 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have gotten the same problem as you as far as shared items go. It's stating I shared 112 but I counted and recounted and it's actually 89. It kinda bothers me, because it used to be correct and now it seems that many are having issues
Message 34 of 85 (1,157 Views)

[OPEN] Gallery Counter not working correctly

★ Apprentice

I am also having the issue where my shared items and downloads are all over the place. The other day I had around 600 shared items and then it was around 900 the next day. My downloads jumped up around 100,000 in one day too. I hope someone can fix this soon.

Message 35 of 85 (1,156 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Gallery Counter not working correctly

EA Sims Team

Hello.

In regard to negative numbers, huge numbers (4 trillion, etc), and changes in personal stats (total number of shared items, followers, etc), we will look into those.

In regard to changes in stats on individual items, I've been told that this can happen due to any number of reasons (server maintenance, etc).  There is no actual loss of downloads or favorites, but what is happening is that the numbers that display is a snapshot of what they were at a previous time.  Eventually the system will recover and the numbers will return to their proper state.

Thank you very much for the reports Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 36 of 85 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Guide

Thank you so much for looking into this issue! It would be great if you could check the statistics on individual items too, as the issues seem connected. The snapshot values explain small changes in favs and downloads, but not the major jumps (as I can see always "up") that happened all over the gallery. In some cases the numbers went up by thousands (see my example above) and didn't recover yet.

Message 37 of 85 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've just checked the Gallery in Game on 1st July and my enormous amount of Shared uploads is gone.  It's gone down to 1 whereas I have 4 but assume it is starting again from a certain time rather than backtracking.

I think my downloads number is a bit over still but there is certainly some improvement.

Thank you for your good work in improving things  - for me personally anyway.

XX

Message 38 of 85 (1,044 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My counts are all messed up too. I track it monthly and this month for whatever reason is WAY more than it should be. It says I have 240 uploads when I only have 195. The downloads and followers are also a lot higher as well. Not sure what happened within the past month to make it bug out like that, but there are many other simmers having issues as well with their accounts including loss of counts as well as increases. 

Message 39 of 85 (1,022 Views)

Re: Disappearing Downloads

★ Novice

I've had a similar but kind of opposite encounter with not working gallery counters. One of my creation with no less than 11 downloads and 2 favorites now has 200 downloads and 8,44,6,744,073,710,000,000 favorites. 

Message 40 of 85 (1,016 Views)