Re: [GTW] Scientit Career Serum Bottles& Ashes

by canelacaliente

Original Post

Hero

Merged.

I've never had that happen during the whole time I played the career.

Do you have any idea what triggers the ashes ?

There has been an issue around a while back where ashes just randomly spawned in houses (there's a thread somewhere) but I've not seen any reports in a while.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 20 (1,149 Views)

★★★ Pro
The use of the serum machine. Sometimes ashes spawn, sometimes serums spawn.
Message 12 of 20 (1,144 Views)

Hero

Weird.

OK

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 20 (1,139 Views)

★★★ Pro

So I noticed that when an NPC drinks a serum the ashes seem to spawn.

Message 14 of 20 (1,129 Views)

★ Pro

@canelacaliente, since I have a scientist in my current game I tried to see if I could replicate your issue with serum bottles and/or ashes.  Like @crinrict, I've never had this happen in any of my saves while playing the career.

This morning I had my scientist give two tainted and an untested serum to coworkers to drink and nope, no ashes anywhere.  The only time I see a pile of anything on the floor is the one to search for parts and then its residue to be thrown away.

I don't see where you've indicated whether or not this issue is happening when you start a brand new game.  Have you tried that?  I think it's worth knowing if the machines function correctly in a new game.  If you haven't started a new game because you really don't want to leave your current save, the only other think I can think of to try is to delete and replace the serum machines in your lab.  Well, if that's possible.  I haven't tried to enter build mode on any of the special lots myself so I'm not really sure if the option to do so is even available.

Message 15 of 20 (1,116 Views)

★★★ Pro

I have started a brand new game and repaired my game.  Other people on the official forums are having this issue. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14525150#Comment_14525150

In this picture, ashes appeared right after the Sim drank the serum and fell asleep.

02-12-16_9-01-15 AM.png

In this picture, ashes appeared after my Sim gave this Sim a serum.  This is the second serum my Sim is giving this Sim.

12-19-15_7-34-03 AM.png

Message 16 of 20 (1,103 Views)

★ Pro

@canelacaliente, all I can do now is second @crinrict's comment of "Weird".  It never ceases to amaze me how some people can have a problem in certain situations and others not.

I'll continue to keep an eye out for the problem as I play my scientist in the current save and post if I encounter the issue.  The only difference in style of play I could see from your pics is that I don't give the same coworker two serums in a row to drink.  I always pick a different guinea pig for a second serum.  Not sure that's relevant, though, as it looks like you got a pile of ashes from the first serum.

Message 17 of 20 (1,094 Views)

★ Pro

I said I would report back if I encountered ashes and I have.  A pic attached.

In this case, I can tell you that it is associated with giving a coworker an untested snake oil serum to drink.  I was able to replicate it with that serum.  When the affected coworker wakes up, the ashes are present.  I was left with the impression that it is a by design happening.  A humorous way to say "that serum flopped, clean up and start again" sort of thing.  The ashes do have throw away option when hovered over.

I did also have one serum container left on the floor but I know why.  My scientist was giving it to a coworker to drink when he had to leave work.  Apparently, the action was interrupted by the leaving process and caused the container to be left on the floor.  I went into build mold and sold it.  So far, other than that one container, I haven't seen serum containers on the ground anywhere else on the lot.

Message 18 of 20 (1,076 Views)

★★★ Pro

I was testing my game and I was just about to post this.  I don't think it is by design because the tainted snake oil serum is the only one gives ashes.  The other tainted serums don't.

Message 19 of 20 (1,063 Views)

Re: [ARCHIVED] [GTW] Unfinished Serums & Ashes Spawning

Hero
For anyone still having this issue, please use the new thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GTW-Serums-Spawning-After-Failed-Serum/m-p/8978832

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (877 Views)