Can't give birth at Hospital?! Please help!

by LausCassidy

Original Post

Cant give birth at hospital

★★ Novice
My sim and the other doctors just stand around the hospital, the option to give birth at the hospital resets after a couple of hours. I've tried removing my mods and seeing if that was the problem but nothing works.
Message 21 of 79 (2,839 Views)

Re: Cant give birth at hospital

Hero

When you go to the hospital with a pregnant Sim or if your doctor Sim is supposed to deliver a baby ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 79 (2,833 Views)

★★ Novice
When I go into the hospital with a pregnant sim
Message 23 of 79 (2,815 Views)

Hero

Hi @Hil0758

merged your post with existing thread then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 79 (2,810 Views)

Can't give birth at Hospital?! Please help!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My pregnant sim will not give birth at hospital.

My sim will go into labour and I will choose the option to join her. She goes to the hospital without any issues, but when she arrives there are no doctors or nurses on staff, there is a receptionist working, but he/she can only check the sim in which leads to them being stuck in front of the reception desk waiting for a doctor.

A doctor and nurse are waiting out the front of the hospital and they are just standing there doing nothing. 

I have tried not checking my sim in, in which case, she changes into her hospital gown and then wanders around the hospital aimlessly for hours.

Last time I tried she was there for 36 sim hours before returning home, going into labour again and repeating the entire, infuriating process.

Can someone please help?

I paid for this 'Get to Work' expansion pack, I'd really like to get to use it without any issues.

(If it helps, I downloaded Deligracy's hospital build as my hospital and one of my recently deleted sims is the nurse for some reason.)

((UPDATE: I keep trying and sometimes the nurse moves and comes inside the hospital, but all he/she does is follow my sim around the hospital having a casual conversation with them.))

Please help!

Message 25 of 79 (2,700 Views)

Re: Can't give birth at Hospital?! Please help!

Hero

Hi @LausCassidy,

merged this with existing bug report.

Don't think there's a suggestion to this.

Are you using any mods though ? Have you tried if it works with the standard hospital ? (just make a copy of your save and try with that to find out)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 79 (2,679 Views)

Doctor is missing every other day.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I recently bought all of the sims 4 packs on my mac. I really wanted to try the doctor career, so I joined. I find every other day the doctor is not there. he's there when I get there, and then he just leaves. It makes it difficult to do my tasks.. I have all of the (to date) packs, everything is patched, I've had no notifications for a new update. 

I, however, do not have this issue on my desktop. My laptop is more convenient to me, so i tend to use that more.

I've read other posts where some say the new patch fixed this, however, I am patched and still having this problem. Is there any other fix for this, or a way around it?

I'd like to note; I have no CC or Mods, Nothing is downloaded. I don't like CC in my games.

I am using a macbook pro, late 2011 model; 

OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7

16GB of memory

AMD Radeon HD 6770M 1024 MB

1TB SSD.

Message 27 of 79 (2,670 Views)

Re: Doctor is missing every other day.

Hero

@confuzzledkittie Maybe try quitting the job with your Sim and getting it again. Maybe that triggers a new doctor that's better ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 79 (2,646 Views)

Re: Doctor is missing every other day.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'll have to try this next time. I ended up just following her to work to complete the goal necessary for promotion, and sent her to work by herself until she got promoted to where I can do it myself without a doctor present.

Thank you so much though! Standard smile

Message 29 of 79 (2,638 Views)

Re: [GTW] Birth at hospital not possible/No Staff on duty

★ Novice
It appears as if this problem is still in place. My Sim has been at the hospital trying to give birth for almost twelve hours now. There is no one besides the registration Sim there. As she is giving birth, she cannot leave. My Sim is therefore stuck at the hospital and the game is unplayable.
Message 30 of 79 (2,584 Views)