[ARCHIVED] Family Tree butchered due to Culling

by Apolo_Adama

Original Post

Re: [Common] Disappearing Sims

★★ Novice

Okay, this thread relates to my issue better anyway. Hopefully we can find a solution soon!

Message 51 of 161 (1,580 Views)

Re: family tree has been reset to just the living sims After 03/26 patch

★★ Novice

I have had this same problem. Plus, when two of my sims died their remaining spouses didn't recognize their deaths nor that they had ever been married to them -- the family trees shows blank face boxes and/or nothing at all.

Message 52 of 161 (1,542 Views)

Ancestors disapper; active works (Get to work!) not active anymore.

★★ Novice

Hi everybody,

i don't know if these bugs were reported yet but i can't find the solutions.

First: after istalling some patches (before Get to work!), the ancestors of the families simply disappears; it's impossibile to see them in the family tree and their stones are white (except for the epitaphs). When somebody dies, it appaers as phantom for some days, then it disappears as the others.

Second: with Get to Work! there is the possibility to follow to work our sims; after some days of following, the possibility to follow the sim or to stay at home don't appaers anymore. In this way there isn't the possibility to have a promotion, cause the requirements to the promotions are impossible to complete.

I don't use modes anymore (after some problems i had). Any fast solutions or i'll wait for a patch?

Thanks for the attention!

Message 53 of 161 (1,505 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm really glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. My problem is pretty much the same: I had a long legacy (6 generations I think) and when one of my oldest Sims died her grave became empty and the game made her an unknown Sim in the genealogy -rendering her two sons half brothers and cutting them and their children from her side of the family entirely. I found it particularly sad when one of these brothers had the option to flirt with someone who's supposed to be a family member. It's a complicated problem. I don't know how EA will go about fixing this, but I really hope it's possible :'(

Message 54 of 161 (1,477 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me again. Now ALL of my dead sims have disappeared from the family tree (I'm a legacy player). The advice on other forums was to use ResetSim {firstname} {lastname} but it comes up that it can't find my sims. This may work for townies, but I don't think it works on dead sims. Has anybody found a solution to this?? The forums on "disappearing sims" are just making my head spin.

Message 55 of 161 (1,415 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the same problem... And I have been doing the legacy challenge since September 2014! I'm both sad and mad. RIP. Frown
Message 56 of 161 (1,381 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Just discovered this. Oh my, all townies family tries are wiped :/

Message 57 of 161 (1,313 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OMG this is happening to me to. The graves can only be destroyed and ghosts don't appear. Also on my family tree any one who is dead is just a blank profile. Then the weird part is because my original sims are dead all the family members are now half brothers and sisters and the can flirt with each other which is really messed up

Message 58 of 161 (1,304 Views)

★★★★ Novice

HI me again I have also ben doing the legacy challenge i am 6 generations in. However my problem is not as bad my people are still there they just have no profile and I cant click on them to  see their children. Also does Maxis know about this I mean this is a bad problem considering on of the best features ( ghosts) don't work 

Message 59 of 161 (1,301 Views)

★ Novice

I am having same problem. Lost two generations.

Message 60 of 161 (1,246 Views)