[ARCHIVED] Family Tree butchered due to Culling

by Apolo_Adama

Original Post

Re: family tree has been reset to just the living sims After 03/26 patch

★★★ Newbie

I'm in the same situation!!! I can't click on my dead sims in the family tree... I have a pretty big family and I don't even decide if sb is a family member or not. What to do??? Please help :mansad:

Message 91 of 161 (1,249 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Really wish EA would fix this issue as I really don't like mods. It's been happening to me ever since the 3/26 patch so playing a legacy is completely pointless right now. I barely got to play with the geneology at all before this bug hit.

Looking forward to a solution!
Message 92 of 161 (1,228 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Has it been suggested to the devs to consider exposing the parameters influencing culling to normal players? Maybe as some settings in options? I think it will give us a sense of better control over our game-play. Maybe we will get into a healthier discussion on what settings work for different types of game-play scenario.....
Message 93 of 161 (1,181 Views)

★ Novice

Yah, I am having this too and it pisses me off, cause I was working on some epic genealogic tree. I am now at the sixth generation, and out of nowhere, all the portraits either became blank or just litterally disappeared, like they never existed. I kept all urns and they are just decorations without any names, now. I use no mods, so it can't be that. Game is up to date, so can't be that either. I've passed hours working on that tree, creating stories about the different members of the family. I even wrote a Word document to keep track of all different genetics and now, it's all lost. Yay... 

Message 94 of 161 (1,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello Simmers,

I have the same problem as you Frown !

Fist time I thought it was my fault because I removed the graves of my dead Sims, but when I started a new game, I had the same problem again. The graves just "reseted" and instead of the names of my dead sims, there were nothing.... In my family tree I can't see my previous generation(s) and it really annoys me Frown. I want to make a big family but I can't because the game doesn't allow me to do that (p.s: I'm not using any mods)... Please repair this annoying bug Frown

There are two screenshots, where you can see, what happened to my family tree (but i think there are enough screenshots of this form the other players):

before- http://i.imgur.com/7bRXsT6.jpg

after- http://i.imgur.com/Iu6oDwo.png

Have a nice day!

Message 95 of 161 (1,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same problem..... Glad I'm not the only one. 

Message 96 of 161 (989 Views)

★★ Novice

I was about to post my own thread about this when I found yours. I am currently testing out how far alien genetics will go, but around third generation, my two original sims were wiped from the family tree leaving only blank spaces where they should have been. Their urns that were on my property became unusable. The urns did not acknowledge the sims that were in them, the only thing that was left of the urn was the inscription I put on them. One was a normal urn, and one was an alien urn. It is a huge problem when testing genetics because you no longer have the picture of the original sims. I planned on showing the family tree in a couple generations on a thread to show how far an alien genetics could go, but that's no longer going to work. I could start over but it took me weeks to get where I am now. I had 14 kids in one generation between two people. I RAISED THEM! Now all that hard work is wasted. I'm sorry, kind of ranting, but this should be a concern to EA and needs to be fixed. This ain't never happen with Sims 3. 

Message 97 of 161 (965 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have been having this problem too! I noticed sims that are not in your family and you have there grave are not affected by this. And any sims that did not die from old age are also not affected by this problem! I hope this is at all useful to anyone on this planet.

Message 98 of 161 (916 Views)

★★★ Novice

Lame.  it got worse.  Now, adult siblings that have had a parent die are turning into half-sister/half-brother on the tree.  Even though live mode relationship panel shows that my sims are sisters (for example), the family tree is broken and they show as half-sisters, because their father is unknown.

Message 99 of 161 (904 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes sims are disappearing on my tree, its completely broken..there may as well not be a family tree.  My family tree is a bunch of missing pictures with sims just coming out of nowhere without family relations or origins; with each new generation an exponential amount of sims are erased from history. 

Its completely broken. 

Message 100 of 161 (891 Views)