[ARCHIVED] Family Tree butchered due to Culling

by Apolo_Adama

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Family Tree butchered due to Culling

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Graves/urns dont works.. the names have been erased from their graves and there is a blank profile photo in the familiy tree where the sim soppose to be

Message 1 of 161 (20,799 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Family Tree butchered due to Culling

Hero

New culling settings and a lot of work has been done on the trees.

I'm going to lock this but feel free to create a new thread if there's still issues with the family trees.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 161 of 161 (7,110 Views)

All Replies

Re: [Common] Disappearing Sims

★★★★★ Novice

I've only had this happen once or twice before the March 26 update, and then only with townies.

After playing on the March 26 update for a while, I discovered that my sim's dead mother and sister were missing from her family tree and relationships. Her living full sister appears as “half sister” because their mother is unknown. When I went to the lots were their urns were located, the only option on the urns was Destroy.

This happened twice; both times I reverted to an earlier save game.

Message 2 of 161 (20,522 Views)

Re: family tree has been reset to just the living sims After 03/26 patch

Hero

Are you sure that's not a usual culling going on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 161 (20,535 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This seems to be more aggressive than the usual culling. All dead people (except the one ghost that is in a household) are culled, as well as all townies. The only ones that are left are those currently in played households.

Message 4 of 161 (20,533 Views)

Hero

Not sure if they changed something about the culling system (didn't say so in the patch notes)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 161 (20,527 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. I first noticed the problem with the family tree. I had just looked at it earlier this morning before the patch and everything was fine. Then this afternoon when I started playing again after the patch, suddenly all my dead sims photos were missing from the family tree. There was an empty profile there instead of the actual sim's photo. I couldn't click on it or anything. And then I checked the graves and saw that the names had been erased and the only option for the gravestone was destroy. 

Here's a pic of what my family tree looks like now. 

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq308/jodiwilliams/Capture_zpsspe166vp.jpg

Message 6 of 161 (20,523 Views)

Re: [Common] Disappearing Sims

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me too. Sims who have died have gone missing from family trees thus breaking up their children from the rest of the tree. Their gravestones are empty and the only option is to destroy. When EA introduced genealogy they claimed we'd be able to look back on 6-7 generations of our sims. I'm only on the second generation of mine and no such luck. Going back to old saves makes no difference. They disappear in time no matter what. Super annoying! What's the point of having family trees?

Message 7 of 161 (20,505 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't have a pic, and I didn't think to check the gravestones, but my family tree looks the same. The "dead" sims show up in the relationship panel, but not in the family tree. It's annoying. I really hope they find a fix for this soon. I really want my legacy family tree to show up correctly, and I'm sure that you and everyone else with the same problem feels the same way.

Message 8 of 161 (20,504 Views)

Hero

@mickey_kay17 Moved your post here since it seems to better fit here.

Are you guys using any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 161 (20,492 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don´t use mods in my game

Message 10 of 161 (20,479 Views)