Re: Family Tree is being cut

by Mielosh

Original Post

Family Tree is being cut

★★ Novice

It keeps happening. I can't play my family the same when all they're relationships keep getting cut.
I love to play with the same families for generations, but there's no point in the tree is gonna get cut. 

Don't know if it's a bug, or the culling, I already installed a mod to avoid it but it keeps happening.
Sometimes I have to select the tree several times for it to load and once it loads and I select the dead sim he/she appears all by himself, no relationship, nothing.

Message 131 of 161 (589 Views)

Hero

@PlyrLoss

Does that still happen to played Sims for you ? Played Sims should be save from culling and hence from disappearing from the family tree.

Are you playing them as ghosts ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 132 of 161 (577 Views)

★★ Novice
No, is it because I release the ghosts from the urn?
I have three families, they're all relatives and I change between them, also they're my third generation, it's not that much since my first family, that's when I started losing my info.
Message 133 of 161 (566 Views)

Hero

No, releasing should not make a difference.

Did they get culled recently or has it been a while like this ?

Are all three families you play marked as played ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 134 of 161 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
It just happened with this generation, and yes, they're all marked as played.
Message 135 of 161 (543 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

After getting the last update with the toddlers, I saw that a member of my family (a guy who married a daughter from my initial family) simply vanished from the family tree. But what bother me a bit is that the guy is still alive and still appears as the husband of my daughter and as the father of his children in the relationship panel.

I just wanted to notice that this bug still exists, and if anyone knows how to connect the poor guy family tree to the main one, I would be really happy! :-)

(Sorry for my English, I hope I’ll be understandable.)

Message 136 of 161 (494 Views)

★ Guide
I think it had something to do with a bug I experienced last week where in the relationship panel it said that my two sims where a couple, but the interactions where rest, so I couldn't let them marry. It was like they where just friends.
Is this the same for you perhaps?
Message 137 of 161 (484 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think it’s not exactly the same bug, my Sims aren’t linked to each other on the family tree, but the spouses kept their romantic interactions as before the update. I even tried to marry them with the arch, because I thought they were no longer spouses, but they’re considered as already married and I only can "exchange vows again".

Same thing with the children: there is no "weird" interaction suggested, they kept the normal relationship between a father and his child.

But in case of, did you find a solution for your problem?

Message 138 of 161 (470 Views)

★ Guide
Since my sims weren't married yet I was able to do it via cas with the cas.fulleditmode cheat. That solved my problem, but since your sims are already married I'm not sure if that could help.
Message 139 of 161 (465 Views)

Hero

You can use cheats to try and divorce them and re-marry ? Have you tried that

Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with culling as your Sim still exists in the game. Now sure why the disappear from the family tree.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 140 of 161 (451 Views)