[ARCHIVED] Excessive cooking/leaving food behind in picnic areas

by Shedlyn

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Excessive cooking/leaving food behind in picnic areas

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Issue

Unplayed sims and townies keep constantly making dishes and not eating them at the picnic places.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

There isn't actually any steps. Only sorta step is to go either Willow Creek CD or the upper right neighborhood in WC and wait or play few minutes. 

*CD= Commercial District

Where does the bug occur ?

Any save game.  Best place to see this bug is Willow Creek Commercial District, since it has 2 places with picnic tables and grill.

Mods/CC

I do have CC and few mods. I tested this issue w/o mods on both current and new save. They don't seem to have any effect.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Every on of them.

Occurring since

PC Version 1.24.102.1020

Operating system

Windows 10

Misc. 

Better explanation: When a "picnic" NPC  spawns. They walked up to the grill, then he/she will make the dish. After that the "picnic" NPC puts the just cooked dish on the table and does nothing to it. then almost immediately the NPC starts making another dish and after that, another one. 

I have to apologize if my explanation isn't clear enough. I am not a native english speaker.

Message 1 of 9 (1,936 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive cooking/leaving food behind in picnic areas

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,871 Views)

★★ Guide

I have the same issue, for me it is happening more in Newcrest than it is in the other worlds, but all picnic areas are affected.  I have all TS4 content installed, running 64bit version of the game on Windows10- everything is up to date. No Mods, no CC. Same results on a new game.

Message 3 of 9 (1,847 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@crinrict
"Be aware that issue that have no comment in over a year and very few Me Toos will be dropped from the list."
I see this is a very old thread.
Is there another thread on this issue?
I am seeing this same issue.
EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 9 (1,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@EuphorialQueen

With old threads like this, it's usually best to create a new thread entirely, seeing as they don't use the bug report form. Once a new thread is made, the old one typically gets merged with the old one.

And yeah, I'm seeing this as well. I often use it to my advantage, but it really does get excessive.

Message 5 of 9 (1,548 Views)

Hero
Hi @EuphorialQueen

I don't think there is. Just open a new one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has always been a problem from what I know, it seems to happen more extremely in Willow Creek for me. Ever since I’ve had the game even previously before so had any packs or CC, idk what causes the problem but typically when your sim or any sim at home makes food they either leave it or eat it immediately after rather than glitch out and constantly make a bunch of party sized dishes. Sims only make food by themselves when they’re hungry, which makes it even weirder when they don’t eat the dish they just made

Message 7 of 9 (997 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@danitheidiot This thread is really old.

Please check the compiled list if there's a more current thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/td-p/3445209/jump-... and if not, create a new one.

Thanks.

EDIT: New thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Excessive-cooking-leaving-food-behind-in-picnic-areas-Patch-1-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (970 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

Since this is a very old thread I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. If you need some help with an issue like this please create a new thread, and we can take a look. 

Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (937 Views)