by Hroun_88

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar

★★ Expert
that's *exactly* what i thought! LOL.
Message 71 of 101 (886 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar

★★★★ Guide
Interestingly, after installing Seasons, my sims go crazy for tap water during parties again.
Message 72 of 101 (846 Views)

Extreme Thirst is Back- Sims Constantly Grabbing Drinks From the Fridge

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Leave a Sim on their own autonomy-wise. Make sure there is a fridge on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will constantly grab drinks from the fridge, even with a full hunger bar.
What do you expect to see? Significantly less obsession with fridge drinks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons

Unfortunately, with Seasons, it would seem that extreme thirst is back. My Sims are constantly going to the fridge for a drink, even with a full hunger bar. This is especially annoying with one of them being a foodie. He keeps giving himself an uncomfortable moodlet by doing this. Strangely, I haven't been seeing this with the sink, only the fridge.

Message 73 of 101 (842 Views)

Re: Extreme Thirst is Back- Sims Constantly Grabbing Drinks From the Fridge

Hero

Merged this with current still open extreme thirst thread

@Lorraine-Simmer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 101 (817 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar/fridge

★ Guide

This only seems to happen in San Myshuno in my game, after the playable gives out their apartment key to a friend. The friend comes over and keeps drinking water from the sink.

No mods/CC enabled in my game.

Message 75 of 101 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sims always drank a lot of water, but I'd cancel them out. Sometimes, if one particular sim had a high mixology skill, she'd queue making a drink if I left her idle. I've never had any problems with 'quick meal' drinks.

Since the big Seasons patch, my sims have started autonomously queuing up to drink milk and orange juice, even though they are full. 

I play the TS4 Mac version, and I'v never used any mods or CC.

Message 76 of 101 (766 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @unseenlarks @Hroun_88 @Lorraine-Simmer @sleekoduck87 @Lyoufln

There was some work done on this last patch to try to improve Sims drinking autonomy.  However, there may have been scenarios that we didn't cover.  Would you be willing to share your saves, so my team can take a look at them?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 77 of 101 (734 Views)

★★ Expert
hi, @SimQARobo! i have to say that active Sims/visitors' water drinking doesn't appear to be as excessive as it used to be. mixing drinks, however, does.

here are my save files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!An43Z42J2d3auxs_fLH2ThqWjH6e
Message 78 of 101 (718 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 79 of 101 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Unfortunately the save I was using has been deleted, I tend to clear out saves/cache files etc with each patch release for testing old bugs and to also keep the install clean. If it happens for me again, I'll be sure to upload it.

Message 80 of 101 (1,194 Views)