[ARCHIVED] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar/fridge

by Hroun_88

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous drinking (especially water)

★★ Novice

you can delete water cups 

Message 51 of 101 (1,180 Views)

★★ Expert

that's right, you can. it's a little annoying and boring to see them to be drinking water so often, though. but that's just my opinion.

Message 52 of 101 (1,169 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Manually deleting single empty glasses is also an unnecessary hassle that shouldn't be happening. The bladder drop when drinking a single glass is ridiculous, especially when a sim decides to drink 2-3 glasses consecutively.

Message 53 of 101 (1,156 Views)

Re: [UNCLEAR] Sims drinking autonomously despite rule disallowing it

EA Sims Team

@unseenlarks

Thank you for the files!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 54 of 101 (1,123 Views)

Re: [UNCLEAR] Sims drinking autonomously despite rule disallowing it

★★ Expert

you're welcome, @SimQARobo. Standard smile

Message 55 of 101 (1,094 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar

★ Apprentice

I'm also having this problem, but strangely, it's only happening on dates. Usually it's the person I'm not controlling, but I've had a couple of cases where both my Sim and the other Sim are standing at separate sinks, drinking until they have to pee. Then they pee, and immediately go back to drinking.

I'm not playing with CC or mods. I have several EPs, GPs, and SPs. This was not happening before the February patch. It could also be linked to my recent purchase of Jungle Adventure. It wasn't an issue before then. I patched my game and bought the Jungle Adventure GP at the same time.

It's not a huge deal, but it's kind of annoying, because I like to leave my Sims idle and see what they get up to. Not very fun when all they're doing is drinking water. :/

Message 56 of 101 (928 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Please, fix it, it's very annoying.
Message 57 of 101 (874 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Will this ever be fixed anytime soon? It's all Sims want to do when autonomous and sinks/bars are present.

Message 58 of 101 (823 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The automous get water bug has reared it's ugly head again.

Sims of all life states, vampire including will cancel out activities just to get a glass of water. The glass even gets stuck in their inventory and they also take it to work with them getting it stuck in their inventory again. 

I'm finding this annoying because they are doing an activity to work towards their aspiration or even taking care of a pet or their offspring.

Message 59 of 101 (841 Views)

★ Guide

This is a very annoying issue. Nonsensical autonomy is already difficult to fight, but now this uncontrollable compulsion to drink water is extremely disruptive. My vampires are always going to the bathroom sinks for water, I see them wandering around with glasses in their hands, and I find the empties all over the house. The butler and maid can't even keep up with all of the water glasses. It's a completely useless action and should never have been patched in to begin with. I really don't understand why it wasn't scrapped as a bad idea. There is nothing fun or immersive about it. Sim hours are short and this just wastes more precious time in their days. 

Also, two other things that may be related to this issue; excessive hand washing and repetitive drinking at the bars. This also affects vampires. I would really appreciate these issues getting taken care of quickly because we shouldn't have to be constantly fighting the game with nonsense like this. 

Message 60 of 101 (1,364 Views)