[ARCHIVED] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar/fridge

by Hroun_88

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous drinking (especially water)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So many of these things I didn't realize were bugs? My household doesn't drink water excessively as I have autonomy off, but every time a guest with an apartment key comes over all they do is drink water constantly and leave a ton of glasses everywhere if that's part of the same issue.

Message 30 of 101 (4,996 Views)

Re: Excessive Mixology

★★★ Guide

I understand that they should look for the cause of the issues. But right now nobody benefits from autonomous water drinking and mixing. I dont see how disabling these particular autonomous actions has negative effects on the game. People could still command their sims to do it. My sims never tend the garden on their own. I can command them to do it just fine. Same with many other activities my sims never do on their own.

"Modders often put band aid fixes while devs have to find the root cause."

Exactly. I see modders doing something. I dont see devs doing something. Its because of mods that the devs dont consider it important enough to fix. This problem is 2 years old now. If they wanted to do something they would have done it by now.

Message 31 of 101 (5,021 Views)

Champion

YES!!!  My Sims are constantly doing this. Angry This causes many problem:  it wastes time; it makes them leave dirty glasses everywhere (the glasses are sometimes hard to find too); it makes them have to pee all the timeDevil!  And with the City Living EP, now all my neighbors with apartment keys junk up my Sim's apartment with all their dirty glasses!  Teeth bared

I'm constantly having to cancel this action if I notice it, but I often play large families and when I'm concentrating on one Sim taking care of a Toddler, all the other Sims in the house will drink water as soon as I turn my back on them! Disappointed One would think the water was bacon flavored they way they act! LOLRaised eyebrow

I've noticed the mixing of drinks as well, but this isn't as much of a problem since Children can't use the bar, and many of my houses don't have a bar to begin with ... but they ALL have sinks! Disappointed

Please fix this EA! Angel  Thanks!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 32 of 101 (5,005 Views)

Champion

@SimGuruNick , what is the best way of going about sharing a save file with you ?  (Some of us are not tech savvy Embarrassed ).  Also, does it matter what save file, or do we need to save the game while they are in the act of drinking water?   Thank you! Wink

Message 33 of 101 (5,004 Views)

★★★ Guide

You can get rid of this with the MC command mod. It disables things like washing hands, getting water, mixing drinks and more. You can still order your sims to do them manually but they wont do all that by themself anylonger.

Message 34 of 101 (4,997 Views)

Hero

@PugLove888 wrote:

@SimGuruNick , what is the best way of going about sharing a save file with you ?  (Some of us are not tech savvy Embarrassed ).  Also, does it matter what save file, or do we need to save the game while they are in the act of drinking water?   Thank you! Wink

Afaik, there's no further saves needed for this

Thanks for the offer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 101 (4,988 Views)

Champion

@Zasz_Zerg , thanks for the information on a Mod that will fix this. Standard smile   Unfortunately, I do not want to play with Mods (too many problems with them in TS3), so this isn't a solution for some of us. Disappointed  But I'm sure some people will take your suggestion! Wink

Message 36 of 101 (4,970 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've got this problem as well. Sims always mixing drinks and then leaving them on the bar to spoil. Sims drinking water when they visit the apartment and leaving the glass out to spoil (who would've thought that *water* could spoil? After an apartment visit, just about every flat surface in the apartment has glasses all over it!

I've never had Sim stop what they were doing to go get a drink as reported by @Felicat82 I wonder if your actions are cancelling prematurely and then the game fills in with a trip to the water fountain?

Message 37 of 101 (4,877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

MC Command Center is one I've been using ever since I discovered it (we're talking years here), and it has only ever fixed issues, never caused any.  Standard smile  I can attest to its safety and ease of use.  Anyway, this is still happening in my game, too, and now I also have vampires obsessed with water consumption.  I guess I'll fiddle with MCC and turn it off, though it is kinda cool when sims just decide to mix a drink-as long as they're not dropping a commanded action to do so!  Edit:  I suppose it is possible that the game is just choosing a filler action, never thought of that.  I'll try disabling it via MCC and see what happens.

Message 38 of 101 (4,852 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Omg the water drinking and continiously mixing drinks is so annoying! I wish you could turn it off. Good thing they don't get drinks from the fridge anymore. I can't use mods in my Dynasty Challenge file, but otherwise I would use it in an instant.

Message 39 of 101 (1,451 Views)