[ARCHIVED] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar/fridge

by Hroun_88

Original Post

Re: [UNCLEAR] Sims drinking autonomously despite rule disallowing it

★★★★ Novice

and with the new update from June 2016 where they can drink water from the tab, they do that all the time too + getting milk and orange juice and autonomously start mixing drinks as well. I wish they didn't do that.

Message 10 of 101 (4,099 Views)

Re: [UNCLEAR] Sims drinking autonomously despite rule disallowing it

★ Guide

My sims are drinking water now from kitchen and bathroom sinks, and they will do this for no reason. Sometimes they will grab a glass right after they have eaten. My pregnant sim will drink water until her bladder nearly explodes.

Message 11 of 101 (2,490 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Excessive autonomous drinking (especially water)

★★★★ Guide

I've had this as well. Also annoying, they'll take water out of the fridge/sink and set it down (and go back and do it multiple times). So, you end up with a big mess. >.<

Message 12 of 101 (2,455 Views)

Water/drinks too often?

★★★ Apprentice

My Sims are getting water/drinks so frequently that I'm surprised no one has died from bathroom embarrassment. I had to remove all sinks from their houses and then they just get drinks from the fridge. Sometimes they cancel an action to go get a drink. It's been happening since Dine Out.

No mods or CC

Game repaired

Happens on old/new saves

Deleted cache

Message 13 of 101 (2,419 Views)

Re: Water/drinks too often?

Hero

Hi @MandyMooey

I merged your post with existing issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 101 (2,405 Views)

Re: Water/drinks too often?

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks Crin, I must have missed this post.

Message 15 of 101 (2,398 Views)

★★ Novice

As of the Nov 15, 2016 patch, it's still happening, however not so much out of the fridge anymore, so this might need to go under a different topic.

Whenever anybody comes to my apartment because I've given them an apartment key (City Living), they're constantly going to a sink and drinking glass after glass of water, and not doing much else. I'm constantly cleaning up after my otherwise perfectly lovely friends.

I thought that maybe because it was a tiny starter apartment with not much in it, that's all they could do apart from watch TV, but I had another family in a much bigger apartment and it still seemed to happen, but not as much. I tried curbing the drinking with dancing which worked a bit

I'm not entirely sure whether this has started happening because I've installed City Living, but the problem is definitely more prevalent because of it, now that my friends can come over whenever they want to. I never really asked my friends over before now.

Message 16 of 101 (2,347 Views)

★ Apprentice

My sims as well are excessively drinking water. Have nothing to do for 5 minutes? Get a glass of water. Leave it somewhere because you got distracted. Get another glass of water.

No mods, no CC.

Message 17 of 101 (2,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

In EP03 City Living, each time the sims come (Given key event), they spend their time to drink water.
It's annoying, they can't talk more than 5 seconds without going to get a water glass.

Drink water is more important than the social interactions.

nmwcicrt5vod.jpg

Message 18 of 101 (2,309 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I only have the base game, no mods.  This seems to be the go-to activity for sims to do if they don't have any needs in the yellow.  So, basically, if they have nothing better to do, they'll get a glass of water, which is healthy I guess, but it makes a mess, and they'll stop in the middle of a conversation to do this.  It's rather annoying.  Thankfully water doesn't cost anything.

Message 19 of 101 (2,261 Views)