Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar/fridge

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim idle without user input for a period of time.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will grab drinks from the sink/bar/frige at an excessive rate. Sometimes one after another. The glasses don't autonomously get cleaned and the bladder motive falls into chaos, losing ~20% with each glass.
What do you expect to see? Sims drinking in moderation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As explained above. This an old issue that is being re-reported with the new bug template.

Edit(crin) Merged original post into this one. Me too count on the old thread: 147

Message 45 of 101 (13,443 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ARCHIVED] Excessive autonomous drinking from sink/bar/fridge

Hero
Archiving this thread

Made a new one here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Excessive-Water-Drinking-Patch-1-55-102-Edition/m-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 101 of 101 (9,049 Views)

All Replies

[OPEN] Excessive autonomous drinking (especially water)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Edit: I noticed that since the April 13 update, Sims also seem to be drinking milk and orange juice autonomously even when Hunger is in the green.

Back in December 2014, a rule from the update has been added to prevent Sims from drinking from the fridge autonomously but it appears that this rule is broken notably as of GTW/version 1.5.

It happened in my game where I had two Sims, Rebecca and Ashley. Rebecca made a Sunset Valley and then I put it on the fridge, later I spotted Ashley drinking the Sunset Valley despite the rule stating that Sims will no longer drink from the fridge. Unfortunately, EA partially altered the rule. While it was supposed to prohibit Sims from drinking from the fridge autonomously, it doesn't stop them from attempting to make drinks or drink any drinks and they'll do this regardless of Hunger levels.

To get around this problem, I moved the Bar to the Household Inventory so that the Sims would not make any drinks. I only take it out to do Rebecca's daily task or to make potions. I've made a thread at The Sims forums discussing this issue.

This is one of the bugs that didn't get fixed in the March 26 update. However, Sims drinking from the fridge autonomously might be a bug.

Message 1 of 101 (16,222 Views)

Re: Sims drinking autonomously despite rule disallowing it

★ Guide

I'm not sure but I've noticed that since the April 13 update that some of my Sims are drinking milk and orange juice even when their hunger is in the green.

Message 2 of 101 (16,134 Views)

★ Guide

The problem still remain in July 9 update. Also about the issue of Sims drinking Milk and Orange Juice, it might be caused with Get to Work being installed. I'm not sure if Sims drink Milk or Orange Juice without GTW but Simmers have reported Milk/OJ would often be drunk since GTW.

Message 3 of 101 (16,092 Views)

Hero

I've never replied to this thread but I did add it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 101 (16,084 Views)

Thirst Issue

★★★ Novice

In December the Thirst was corrected via patch. Sims autonomously drank from the fridge & cooler often when hunger bars were green.

Over time this causes weight gain & was corrected in the Dec. patch.

When Get to Work was introduced, the thirst issue returned & has remained ever since. Could this be re-addressed please?

Message 5 of 101 (16,018 Views)

Re: Thirst Issue

Hero

Hi @djfire1569

merged with existing issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 101 (16,014 Views)

Re: Thirst Issue

Hero

• Sims will no longer autonomously choose to drink potions or herbalism drinks.

Since this is in today's (1.15.55) Patch notes, I'm thinking this might not bee a bug and was changed back on purpose.

I will mark this as unclear for now and see if I can get some info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 101 (15,882 Views)

Excessive Mixology

★★★ Novice

I am worried my Sim may be an alcoholic. Ever since I started leveling their mixology skill, they have autonomously begun creating drinks at any moment of downtime, and that is a lot. Sometimes they will make 8-10 drinks a day. But perhaps alcoholic is not the right word, because they never actually consume any of the beverages they whip up, they just leave them on the bar to spoil. Mixoholic perhaps? Regardless, while this might have been a welcome tick while they were completing the Master Mixologist ambition, that is done, and the $200-$300 that is spent on wasted drinks is an expense I could do without. Please help.

Message 8 of 101 (15,820 Views)

Re: Excessive Mixology

Hero

@njkiehn merged with the drink from fridge thing.

I'm guessing they are related.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 101 (15,813 Views)