Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Event Goal not fulfilling

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Event Goal not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please post event goals that don't fulfill when doing a certain action in here

I'll be compiling them in this first page.

Please include the following info

1. Party Type
  2. Goal you're supposed to achieve
  3. Interaction you're doing

Compiled List

Dinner Party

• Have 3 Sims listen to music at the same time: Does not register if Sims listen to the Piano

Black & White Party

• Make excellent quality food did not fulfill with Black & White cookies

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 9 (18,929 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

This thread has run it's course. A lot has been fixed in here.

I made a new one here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-CAS-Issues/td-p/6387288/jump-to/first-unread... and going to lock this one.

Feel free to re-report any issues that are still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (22,584 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
Issue

Black and White Party Goal to make excellent quality food did not fulfill.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Hosted Black and White party.  Had already served black and white cake, which did fulfill a goal.  Got goal to serve excellent quality food and only other recipe I saw for my sim to make were the black and white cookies.  As can be seen in the pic, the goal didn't register as completed even after sims had eaten most of them.  They were of excellent quality, as shown in pic. EDIT to add pic was taken prior to the sims eating them.   

Picture

Attached.

Where does the bug occur ?

This party was held at the Bargain Bend, think that's name, home lot in WC. 

Mods/CC

Is and has been vanilla Game

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All released to date.

Occurring since

Unknown for sure.  Saw a report in a thread you locked @crinrict when you opened this thread.

Operating system

i5-4570 @ 3.2GHz; Nvidia GTX650; Windows 10 Home 64bit

Message 2 of 9 (18,704 Views)

★ Apprentice

Party type was a Black and White Party.

The goal was to make a Black and White food.

I tried making a Black and White cake and Black and White cookies but neither one fulfilled the goal. After searching the recipes looking for something else to try I saw the White and Black cake and gave that a try it it work for fulfill the goal. So Black and White don't work but White and Black does.

I tried clearing the cache files, repairing the game and removing all mods then tried again with the same results.

Message 3 of 9 (18,587 Views)

Hero

Hm, if I remember correctly, I never had an issue with those ... I'm going to test this again tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (18,579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Just adding to the list.

My issue is the Black and White Party.  It's happened on every lot, every time I've ever attempted this social event.  It's a known issue I believe.  
The "Have Sims Listen to Classical Music" objective.  I have 8 sims in a group, and there is no 'listen' to classical music when I click on the stereo.  Only "appreciate" classical music.  It will not register that the sims are listening to the music.  Not if someone plays the piano.  Not on ANY stereo.  I'm stuck with only achieving a silver metal because I can't get past this objective. 
My sim has lvl 2 in guitar and piano .... not that it should make any difference.  
Hope this gets fixed soon.  :/
EDIT:  I used the Stats.set_skill_level major_guitar and major_piano cheat to set the skills to lvl 1 ... and I was given the option to "listen" instead of "appreciate".   However, the game still didn't register that they were listening.  Seems there's no work around for this glitch.  Zipped lips

Message 5 of 9 (18,094 Views)

Hero

Is this on a mod-free game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (18,079 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I forget which type of party it is, possibly a house party?  Anyways, anytime there is a goal to have 3 sims listen to music at the same time, it is impossible to fulfill that goal unless I have at least 3 household sims that I can control and get them all to do it at the same time.  My guests will NOT just listen to music.  They either "dance" to it if it's a radio, or they'll "watch" if someone is playing piano, guitar, or violin.  This really needs to be changed.

I'm also noticing issues with the "play game with the birthday sim" on birthday parties.  For example, in one birthday party I had my birthday sim play a game on a computer, and I had them play chess with two different sims (one a guest, one a household member), and the goal still would not fulfill.

Message 7 of 9 (17,916 Views)

★ Novice

It took me a long time to get an answer to the "at the same time" tasks.

If you click Actions - Form Group and then select a bunch of your guests, then you can, say, click on a stereo and choose "Listen to music together" or click on the card table and choose "Play cards together". 

There are still bugs in the system, though, where some of the tasks don't seem to be filled even though you have done what they want you to do. Just throw another party and see if it gives you different (achievable?) tasks.

Message 8 of 9 (17,813 Views)

Hero

This thread has run it's course. A lot has been fixed in here.

I made a new one here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-CAS-Issues/td-p/6387288/jump-to/first-unread... and going to lock this one.

Feel free to re-report any issues that are still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (22,585 Views)