by Dumb_Iguana

Original Post

Re: Empty lots not filling up

Hero

@luthienrising Merged with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 62 (5,214 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also have fill empty lots enabled, but it doesn't work. I played about 80 hours now, and there are literally no houses whatsoever with sims living in them. Only the sims that are part of my family is still there, but they are elders, and should die soon, then my mansion will be the only one left with sims in it. Oasis springs is already empty. I think maybe sims do move in empty lots, but that glitch that makes sims vanish into thin air quickly removes them. I don't know, but whatever it is, please fix both those annoying issues, those 2 glitches are currently the only ones bugging me. When those are fixed, I can finally make life stories for my sims without having them vanish, and with actual neighbours living next to them!

Message 12 of 62 (5,199 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 62 (5,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

For me they do move in, but it's always elder people who does, and they die just as quickly as they moved in, so no use of all.

Message 14 of 62 (5,173 Views)

Hero

So they actually move into houses ? Only the cheaper ones or also the expensive ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 62 (5,162 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes. I too have the setting enabled, but no one actually moves into the house automatically. I decided now to move some in manually because it is really weird for them not to have any neighbors.

Message 16 of 62 (5,103 Views)

Today I recreated my Sims4 folder from scratch (removed it from Documents and then started the game) and started a fresh game. Fill Empty Houses seems to be working now, gradually. The game started with 29 Sims, including 8 unplayed housed households; at the end of one Sim day it had 60 Sims, including 14 unplayed housed households, of varying makeup. 

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 17 of 62 (5,099 Views)

Hero

So you had 14 households move into houses on their own ? Even in the more expensive houses ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 62 (5,097 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried that but no success. Only 9 total households were used (5 in Willow Creek, 4 in Oasis Springs). One family moved in after 1 day to Willow Creek, and then no one else moved in for the rest of the game (CAS young adult to adulthood).

Every game I have started has had empty neighbourhoods after 1 generation of play. I hate these ghost towns, even with the option turned on it fails.

Message 19 of 62 (5,085 Views)

★ Novice

i've been having this problem too, and i can't figure out what to do to make new sims move in automatically

Message 20 of 62 (4,999 Views)