Re: [OPEN] Empty lots not filling up

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: No Filled Residential Lots/Too many ghosts.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

I believe that the Fill Empty Lots option does indeed work. It only occurs once per week, populates one lot at a time, and only for the current neighborhood you are playing in. This was done intentionally for performance reasons. There's also an issue we're aware of where it does not work in Windenburg. 

If you do not see it populating one lot per week (in a neighborhood other than Windenburg), I'd love to get my hands on your save file!

Regarding the ghosts, we're also aware that this is an issue. QA is tracking this, but the gameplay engineer who created ghosts, SimGuruTrev, can better explain the problem in this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/4j6l1u/can_we_please_have_an_option_to_remove_ghosts/

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 51 of 62 (3,396 Views)

★★★ Novice

Really, that's the same excuse you used for getting rid of the open world. Next it will be only one sim on a single lot, no external world at all for "performance" reasons. The lots need to fill up faster than that, like within a sim week of being vacant, and not just one the one neighbourhood. It's beyond frustrating to see that the only house occupied in the entire game is the one I'm playing, because I chose the newest world. The only friends are dead sims. And there isn't enough living child or teenage sims to fill a six sim club. 

But I do appreciate that someone on the development end has finally acknowledged the problem. 

Message 52 of 62 (3,350 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will keep my eye on my games, but it seems if you don't have "starter houses" then the sims can't afford to move in, and they must be furnished.  It really does need to be more that one per sim week though.

Message 53 of 62 (3,240 Views)

★ Apprentice

As for the ghost issue, letting the sims go to the netherworld and destroying the urn/tombstone does not work properly.  I have firsthand experience with my sims parents showing up after getting rid of the tombstone/urns.   This is very recent too. 

Message 54 of 62 (3,238 Views)

Anonymous

@AStrangePuppy wrote:

I will keep my eye on my games, but it seems if you don't have "starter houses" then the sims can't afford to move in, and they must be furnished.  It really does need to be more that one per sim week though.

I was wondering whether the cost of my "starter houses" were too much (Slightly over 20,000). I have filled all the remaining empty lots with homes so that more Sims could move in, but even so, I still have three starter homes that are well bellow 20,000 but no Sims have moved in yet. 

I've also been told that Mods may be a potential issue for this? But I'm not sure if that is 100% correct.

Message 55 of 62 (3,114 Views)

Hero

In which neighbor hood is that ? The same you're active family lives in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 56 of 62 (3,109 Views)

★ Novice
It used to work back in 2015
Message 57 of 62 (2,128 Views)

Hero

Which neighborhood do you have issues in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 62 (2,122 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this problem too; my family is in Oasis Springs and I have house that will not fill. It came with the base game and its a starter house. I do use mods as well

Message 59 of 62 (1,926 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Hi @OMGStars

is your active family living in Oasis springs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 60 of 62 (1,912 Views)