Re: Empty lots not filling up

by lizzaard

Original Post

Re: Empty Houses no longer fill since one of the patches

Just today I have had sims move in randomly when I first start a game, but the minute I place some of my custom sims and homes in the world it seems to break the auto fill homes as they stay vacant forever.

Message 31 of 62 (4,206 Views)

Re: MY town isnt generating new Sims to fill Newcrest, or other empty buildings.

★ Novice

Yeah, sort of like the article discribes, I placed new houses in Newcrest, marked it so the game would automatically fill empty homes and still after 2 weeks ingame no one has moved into the new houses. My businesses and the park I built work, but the houses are still empty.

Message 32 of 62 (4,209 Views)

Re: MY town isnt generating new Sims to fill Newcrest, or other empty buildings.

Hero

HI @chancerandom

merged your thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 62 (4,199 Views)

★ Novice

Ok so my thread is now merged...... My newly built houses are still not being populated by sims..... 

Message 34 of 62 (4,176 Views)

Hero

Not much I can do about that.

You reported a bug, I put it in the proper place. It's up to Maxis to fix the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 62 (4,173 Views)

Newcrest empty lots not being automatically filled up.

★ Novice

It's been a month and ive created houses for all the newcrest lots but still no sims are moving in. Please fix and/or help.

Message 36 of 62 (4,113 Views)

Re: Newcrest empty lots not being automatically filled up.

Hero

Just place a family manually.

Merged with existing thread

@JEvans100798

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 62 (4,097 Views)

★ Guide

For those who still are anoyed by this problem, Here is a mod that fills out the empty lots and let's sim mary and have kids. I'm using it for a few days now and it's quite oke for the time being.

Message 38 of 62 (3,966 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I also have the setting to fill empty lots enabled, but I got sick of Newcrest sitting empty. Loads of families were being generated by the game, but nobody moving in and I did not want to manually pick and choose families. I ended up giving in and installed that MC Commander Mod and now I'm lucky to find an empty house, there are people of all ages wandering the town, and the story progression (marriage, pregnancy, moving houses, etc) is fantastic. I hate that this is yet another thing that modders had to do because EA hasn't.

Message 39 of 62 (3,947 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I too have the fill houses box checked, but I have no sims in any of my towns except the town I am playing in and even there are empty houses, I am playing in Wendenburg. This is shame as it has be going on for over a year now, time it has been fixed. It is depressing to go to a completely empty town.

They say the mods can fix it, So why not the creators  of the game, able to fix this, Ask the mods how they do it.

I do not use mods so that is no help for me.

Please fix this.

Message 40 of 62 (3,381 Views)