Re: Empty lots not filling up

by Alanacb

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Anyone have any ideas that don't involve starting a new game and moving the folder? I'm in the middle of a legacy challenge and I don't want to lose that.

Message 21 of 62 (3,394 Views)

★★ Novice

Also doing the legacy challenge which means only playing one house so I can't really go ahead and create new neighbours. All the houses were full until people started dying and didn't leave any children behind. Now there's very limitted options for my sims to make friends with/marry, very sad! 

Message 22 of 62 (3,386 Views)

★ Apprentice

This issue is really ruining the game for me. I don't want to micromanage the entire world but that is exactly what I have to do in order to keep it fresh. Not one single empty lot has been filled with NPC. All the homeless NPCs are now elderly. I have to move them in. Delete the homeless ones so news ones generate and also am disappointed that the NPCs created are either single or similar family make up and not dynamic at all. Also I have not once seen an NPC ghost floating around town so I can make friends with one. All the ghosts I have seen I have created myself or downloaded from the gallery.

There is no story progression in this game. This is a huge bummer. If I have multiple played families the ones I don't pay much attention to don't do anything. They don't gain skills or get promotions or start relationships of their own.

In contrast, the Sims 3 was great in this respect. When my children grew up and I moved them out I would play them later to find they had a girlfriend or boyfriend, sometimes living with them and they had careers that were progressing and skills that they accomplished on their own. They would have children and everything.

I don't know if EA is planning an expansion pack later on to add this function or not but I will say that if they don't so something to make the TS4 world progress autnomously some players may opt to return to TS3. I hope EA will address this as well as the issues with empty lots not filling up and all the NPCs dying of old age and the town turning into a ghost town soon because if that is all we can hope for then what is the point of playing.

Message 23 of 62 (3,313 Views)

★★ Novice

Has a patch for this been made? I stopped playing for a couple months because this was taking the fun out of it. I'd really like to play again but if this isn't fixed then I don't see a point. 

Message 24 of 62 (3,274 Views)

Hero

I don't think it was.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 62 (3,271 Views)

★★ Novice

I suppose this is a rare issue, which surprises me, but I am curious if this was patched, or if anyone knows of a workaround (other than manually filling homes.

It really ruins the game.  I turned off neighborhood aging for now, but I feel like I'm playing Sims 2 again, with immortal neighbors watching your family generations come and go. . .

Message 26 of 62 (3,139 Views)

Hero

You can use the families that are created (usually don't live anywhere) and just move them in on a regular basis (that's what I do). At least this way you don't have to create them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 62 (3,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie
    • Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) --> no
    • Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects)? no
    • What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? win 7
    • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? download

Fill empty homes has always been on.

My town has never repopulated (from October 18th 2014 to this day). The very first generation that died left ghosts living in town. As the town didnt repopulate i deleted all the ghosts. That didnt help at all. Then i moved in unplayed households as I had problems with people disappearing. After that I made some sims myself, then downloaded families and at one point gave up. Continuous use of the same created sims/downloads basically means your sims will be marrying your grandma over and over again which is not only weird but kinda boring after a while.

Message 28 of 62 (2,928 Views)

Empty Houses no longer fill since one of the patches

★★ Guide

Even though I've got it checked in options for them to do so. Others are having this issue as well.

No cc or mods and I'm patched to the latest patch.

Message 29 of 62 (2,799 Views)

Re: Empty Houses no longer fill since one of the patches

Hero

@catloverplayer 

did they fix it at one point and now it's back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 62 (2,785 Views)