Re: Elders can only have grey hair

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

• Fixed an issue in Create a Sim that prevented an elder Sims hair from changing color to the selected color at the time the color was selected, but instead waited until after a new hair was selected.

Should be fixed in Patch 1.24.102

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 34 (3,722 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The "elders can only have grey hair glitch" has made a comeback in my game, this time affecting elder females who become vampires. Hair color shows correctly in CAS but is always elder-grey on-game.

Message 22 of 34 (1,411 Views)

Hero

But .. but .. it was JUST fixed again

I'll retest

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 34 (1,404 Views)

Hero

@mauvejinjo wrote:

The "elders can only have grey hair glitch" has made a comeback in my game, this time affecting elder females who become vampires. Hair color shows correctly in CAS but is always elder-grey on-game.

Does it only happen to them if you turn them or also create in CAS ?

I was not able to duplicate on random Sims (but I made the Vampire in CAS)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 24 of 34 (1,392 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crin,

So sorry for the late reply!

I created a vampire family today in CAS; with elders of varying hair colors, and noticed the glitch does not appear. Pink-haired old lady has pink hair, etc...

The sim-in-question that suffers from the grey-hair glitch started out human, as she was made pre-Vampires game pack. However, she has always had dark dyed hair. The proper color shows up in her manage worlds thumbnail and in CAS, but as soon as I enter the household she shows up with elder-grey hair, and her image resets in manage worlds. 

Thanks,

Mauvejinjo

Message 25 of 34 (1,334 Views)

Hero

Hi @mauvejinjo

could you upload the Sim in question to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 34 (1,327 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Crin,

Ms. Inez Whittaker can be found in my gallery under ID mauvejinjo. 

I don't know why it's coming up as CC. I am uploading her separate from her household and I don't believe she uses any CC. I also tried playing her separate from her household and the glitch still remains.

Thanks. 

Message 27 of 34 (1,283 Views)

Hero

Thanks. I'll try her tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 34 (1,278 Views)

Hero

@mauvejinjo Apologizes for not answering earlier.

I've tried your Sim and can duplicate.

I'll forward

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 34 (1,239 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict No problem at all! Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

Message 30 of 34 (1,175 Views)