Re: CAS: Elder sims hair color is hard to change

by luthienrising

Original Post

Re: Elders can only have grey hair

Hero (Retired)

In CAS, when I try to change my elders' hair color it doesn't change, it's always grey. However, if I have it set to another color and change hair styles, the new hairstyle does appear in the right color... Until I change the color again that it goes back to grey.

It's not a big problem for me as I can just choose the color first and hairstyle later. And when I save it in my library, the color is saved without issues.

Message 11 of 34 (2,785 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am playing 29th June and have the same problem after installing the Kids Room Stuff Pack but believe it happened before that.  The hair changes back to grey.  It changed to black when I added one of the goatee beards then back to grey when I removed it.

I like to have my elders with grey streaked hair and not grey for the most part if I want them to be more vigorous Sims.

Message 12 of 34 (2,772 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I get this as well in my game. I have one elder in particular who has their hair dyed black, but when they go to work at a restaurant, the 'dark grey' color overrides this. I believe this was a glitch fixed a while back, but it seems to have returned. 

Message 13 of 34 (2,564 Views)

CAS: Elder sims hair color is hard to change

★★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if an issue like this was posted before. Sorry if it was.

So, when I age up my sim in CAS to elder, its hair color changes to gray and I can't change it until I choose another hairstyle. For example, if I pick brown hair color the square color icon will look as selected, but the hair will still be gray. And when I pick another hairstyle it'll be brown already. So every time I need to change hair color I need to change hairstyles to make it work. It looks like all sims have this issue. It doesn't matter if I aged them up in CAS or using the b-day cake.

I don't use mods/cc. I have all game packs except for Spooky Stuff, all stuff packs and all expansion packs. I play on Win 7.

Message 14 of 34 (2,555 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. But, randomly, the elder sim's hair will change from gray to the color I picked for it to be and back while walking around the house.

Message 15 of 34 (2,515 Views)
Highlighted

What lizatekna describes is exactly what I have in game. If I change just the hair color, nothing happens. If I change the hair color then change the style, the new hair color will stick.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 16 of 34 (2,489 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Elders can only have grey hair

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me... How do stop it >Frown
Also the choice for wife isn't coming up for some of my sims in cas!

Message 17 of 34 (2,468 Views)

Hero

@TS4Tom wrote:

Also the choice for wife isn't coming up for some of my sims in cas!

When you do a new family or take them into CAS with the cheat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 34 (2,453 Views)

★★★ Novice

That's just weird!

Message 19 of 34 (2,411 Views)

Betreff: CAS: Elder sims hair color is hard to change

★★★ Guide

Noticed that, too.

When creating an elder in CAS or age up the sim in CAS to elder for the first time, the hair colour is dark grey (which is ok as default) but it cannot be changed to another colour by selecting a different colour in the panel (which is obviously a bug).

However the colour will change to the selected one when you switch hairstyles, clothes or life stages. BUT when changing the colour again, it will again turn to dark grey and you have to switch again.

No mods/cc.

Message 20 of 34 (2,374 Views)