Re: Elders can only have grey hair

by AStrangePuppy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Elders can only have grey hair

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It's difficult to give my elders any hair colour other than grey. If I try to, it changes back as soon as I select a different outfit or try to save the household to my library. 

The only way to do it is to make sure the hair colour is the last thing I change before exiting CAS - and that doesn't help with households I'm trying to save to my library.

I'm not sure if it's intentional but it seems like a bug to me. 

Message 1 of 34 (4,347 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

• Fixed an issue in Create a Sim that prevented an elder Sims hair from changing color to the selected color at the time the color was selected, but instead waited until after a new hair was selected.

Should be fixed in Patch 1.24.102

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 34 (3,842 Views)

All Replies

Hero

added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (4,275 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

For me this has been a recurring annoyance, especially as I prefer my elders to have the lighter grey hair, and so it annoyed me when it kept getting changed to the darker grey without my consent.

However, since the March 26 patch (Patch 15) it seems to be changed at the very least (improved) and I think it's most likely actually fixed.

Changing an elder's hair seems to stick a lot longer than it used to, in fact so far I haven't had a confirmed case of it being auto-set back to dark grey.

Message 3 of 34 (4,126 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this issue, sort of, what I've noticed is that when I put white hair on elder sims in CAS and then change their eyes to whatever color, the hair automatically changes to gray.

Message 4 of 34 (4,076 Views)

Hero

I've tested this and believe it to be fixed

If anyone still has this issue, feel free to post

@Sigzy05 @bae288474f321b50 @Frimlin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 34 (3,989 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, two posts up I mentioned it was probably fixed in Patch 15, in March.

I've been playing without this issue now for 8 months. 

And happy new year to you too, @crinrict Standard smile

Message 6 of 34 (3,901 Views)

Hero

Sadly the person after you said it wasn't fixed for them Frown

I hope it is now Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 34 (3,899 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hi. i believe this issue is back. i have never had a problem with this until 1.20 patch

Message 8 of 34 (3,749 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Me too.  I never noticed the issue the first time around, but my friend didn't like her sim with gray hair so we found out this time.

Message 9 of 34 (3,727 Views)

Hero

Re-openeing this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 34 (3,716 Views)