[ARCHIVED] Disappearing Sims aka Culling

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Disappearing Sims aka Culling

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is the new thread which replaces this one: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/My-sims-disappeared/td-p/3459543

------------

Since EA fixed one instance, I'm making a new thread.

There is sitll one common instance of disappearing Sims that if you have over 180 Sims in your down (including the dead), the game purges homeless townies every night.

To prevent this, you need to move the ones you want to keep into a house. 

-----------

If you experience any other disappearances, please describe what you are seeing and answer the following questions:

1. When did the Sims disappear ?
  2. Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ?
  3. Are they played or unplayed ?
  4. What age group did they have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 209 (44,533 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] Disappearing Sims aka Culling

Hero

Lots have been done, we now have culling options so I'm going to lock this.

Feel free to open a new thread if you still have issues with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 209 of 209 (25,065 Views)

All Replies

Re: [Common] DIsappearing Sims

★★★★★ Novice

I got this reply from EA today, on the ticket I submitted about this problem:

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Experience.

I am sorry to know that your issue has not been resolved. Please do not worry, we are here to assist you. To fix this issue, please reset your Sim by following the below steps:

Please press together CTRL-SHIFT-C. A grey text input field appears at the top of the screen.

The use resetSim {FirstName} {LastName} - Resets the Sim.

This action will resolve your issue. For more information, please follow the below article:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Sims-4-my-sims-are-disappearing/m-p/3508811#M11627

Can someone explain to me how this is supposed to help?

I just checked when sims disappear, and it happens exactly at 3 AM every night. It happens mainly to autospawned sims with no house.

Message 2 of 209 (44,341 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yes this happens to me unless I move them into a house as said.

Purge happens at night after midnight and between 3am, I think.
Sims all homeless
All unplayed
All ages, from child to elder.

It doesn't matter whether my sims have a high relationship with them or not, they are still deleted if not in a house,
Message 3 of 209 (44,311 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. Every night around 2am my townie friends vanish. 

Can't keep a boyfriend without moving him in ASAP, or keep any friendships that aren't within my playable group. 

This is not okay Frown 

Message 4 of 209 (44,294 Views)

Re: [Common] Disappearing Sims

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Heya,

I experienced this today with one of the main families families I play.  I just noticed it now and I probably played them a week or so ago.  They are not homeless and the age range was from baby-adult.  There were other children/teenagers from the same family that I had moved into other houses and they all disappeared too except one.  He was the eldest child in the family that disappeared, but was a young adult at the time of the disappearance.  Any solutions would be amazing.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 209 (44,218 Views)

Hero

@JensWul Standard response. Ignore

@Islaizzle Is your game patched ? Do you play on- or offline ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 209 (44,212 Views)

★★ Novice

I play online and I'm pretty sure it's patched.  Is there a way I can confirm this?

Message 7 of 209 (44,210 Views)

Hero

There's a file gameversion.txt in doc. Check what version it has.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 209 (44,199 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

New reply from EA, after describing the problem in detail:

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Experience.

I appreciate you for clarifying the issue. I understand that your Sims are disappearing from the Sims 4 game. I am sorry for the confusion. Actually, this issue generally comes due to corrupt save files. Please follow the below steps and see if it helps:

Please go to your Documents -> Electronic Arts and rename the Sims 4 folder to The Sims 4 Old and test the game.

If the issue is resolved after playing the game 24-48 hours then please move old Sims 4 folder files to Sims 4 folder.

I am sure the above steps will resolve your issue. I am looking forward for your positive approach.

What do you think? Worth a try? I'm not so eager to start messing with my save files.

Message 9 of 209 (44,195 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

No. This way you'll loose your save game and of course you won't have the issue at first but it'll come back once you reach the max number of Sims in the new game.

Do you have the issue we are all seeing where the homeless disapper ? If so, there's nothing you can do but to move them into houses.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 209 (44,191 Views)