[ARCHIVED] Disappearing Sims aka Culling

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Common] Disappearing Sims

Hero

You won't get an ETA. EA/Maxis never gives any ETA's on bug fixes (probably for legal reason) or patches.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 209 (1,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this problem and I did some testing to see what was happening. I made my Sim meet two townie Sims that were not currently in world. After interacting with them they appeared in the relationship panel. I saved and went to neighbourhood. I got one of them and moved her into an empty lot. So now one of them is in a lot and another still is not currently in world. Then I kept the relationship panel open and went to the next day. Durning the night I forget the time but around about 12 midnight the one that was not in the world was deleted from the relationship panel. I saved and went out to the neighbourhood screen and household management. The currently not in world Sims had all been deleted and new ones created even if you know them. This happens everynight at the same time. The will not survive unless you put them in a lot. This is very annoying and fustrationg. I hope you fix it soon and thanks fo reading this.

Message 72 of 209 (1,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

To add to my previous comment about this problem, I am now up to around 160 hours of gameplay, the families have only disappeared once and this far I have only used the edit families-tool that one time when they did disappear, so my hunch is that they are connected somehow. I dont use any mods and not even cheats (for some families I have used to money cheats but not all the disappeared families).

Message 73 of 209 (1,572 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am still having issues with this but now to a larger extent. Though I have it checked, no-one moves into the houses in my neighbourhood. If they do, they are a ghost. My list of 'unplayed households' is often at just ONE family, because all the others just disappear. One night, my Sim went to the nightclub and met about 10 townies. He went home to call his new friends to discover that only ONE of them remained existing. I can't make friends in the game or develop romantic relationships with townies because they are constantly disappearing willy-nilly. I've only played one family the entire time, so I'm not sure if it'**bleep** 180 Sims, but I don't understand the point of purging homeless townies every night when a massive part of the game (especially if you play Legacy style), is DEVELOPING RELATIONSHIPS WITH THE TOWNIES.

Message 74 of 209 (1,532 Views)

★★★ Newbie
When did the Sims disappear ? -
Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ? - idk met the Sim in the gym
Are they played or unplayed ?- unplayed
What age group did they have ? - young adult/adult and the other one was teen

First one was a teenager who was engaged with my sim and disppeared after couple of days and even when sim got older, she wasn't in my relationships panel.

The other was my sim met at a gym, invited her over, they were having interactions and all of a sudden she disappeared from the house and from my sims relationships panel.

What can I say? This is freaking annoying.
Message 75 of 209 (1,509 Views)

★★★ Novice

This should really be a priority because there is no work around...

1. When did the Sims disappear ? In some games whenever there relationship was low in other games randomly
  2. Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ? both
  3. Are they played or unplayed ? unplayed
  4. What age group did they have ? teen, young adult and adult

Message 76 of 209 (1,482 Views)

Hero

You still have Sims disappearing that live somewhere ? Did you pay attention if that was also all age groups ?

For it's stricky homeless Sims that disappear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 77 of 209 (1,477 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I think this is getting embarassing for Maxis now. They keep releasing patches with all kind of fixes, but they never fix the major issues.

Being the probably most gameruining bug, this "Disappearing sims bug" should be the next bug hey fix.

Message 78 of 209 (1,435 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank God other people are having this problem! My social child sim has an aspiration to make a BFF, but every child I have him meet disappears in his relationship bar the next day! This is a pretty massive problem!

Message 79 of 209 (1,416 Views)

★ Novice
Unfortunately it's not just happening to young adults and older. I had this huge amazing house from the gallery with an awesome family consisting of my starter sim( elder) and her husband( elder) her son(young adult) and his wife(young adult) and their twins( children) and my starter sims youngest daughter( teen). I went off to play with her oldest daughter( adult) Malcolm Landgrabb( adult) and their daughter( teen) and when I returned to the starter household the teenage daughter and one of the twins were gone and two babies were added. I don't get how two budding sims that I was still playing as could just fall out of the house and the game thinks it's acceptable to replace them with two babies with generic stupid names. -.-

When did the Sims disappear ? When I went to play another household.
Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ? They appeared to be just fine and playing at the park when I was playing the other household not sure where they are now.
Are they played or unplayed ? They were probably the most played characters in the house..
What age group did they have ? Teen and child
Message 80 of 209 (1,387 Views)