[ARCHIVED] Disappearing Sims aka Culling

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Common] Disappearing Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@amysuzyq wrote:

@KarleeHannah wrote:

I just had this issue tonight while playing. My sim needs to have 10 friends in order to be promoted. I was getting him to meet random townies and become friends with them. However, the next day, some of them would disappear from his relationship panel and his friend count went down. Ive read i need to move sims into houses to 'fix' this. However, I don't want to keep these sims, I just want my sim to get promoted. How can ge get 10 friends, if they keep disappearing? It's getting really frustrating and yes I have the latest patch install.

I have this same issue and even reported it to customer service but still not resolved. This basically makes the game not worth playing.

1. When did the Sims disappear ? Overnight around 2am game time
  2. Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ? unknown
  3. Are they played or unplayed ? unplayed
  4. What age group did they have ? all age groups

Excat the sam thing for me and its very poor for Ea that they didnt fixed this MAJOR issue. You just can't be promoted with this **bleep** after every one in the other houses died.

In fact this has made me stop playing the game and will make me Stop buying any future EA Game.

Last chance for you is the December patch, if this problem doesn't get fixed im done with EA

Message 61 of 209 (1,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is ridiculous.  I payed $70 for a game that I cannot really play.  I can't make friends becasue everyone my sim has ever met disappears the next day in the game.  I have even been engaged and the other sim just disappeared.  Everything was fine until I loaded the last patch.  Is there anyway to get a refund?

Message 62 of 209 (1,513 Views)

Hero

Did you try moving them into houses ?

Contact a game advisor to see if they are willing to give you one.

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 209 (1,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I have been reading to try and fix it. I had three cases of disapearing Sims, I have Sims 4  limited edition (the cd) not downloaded. Anyway, I created a family of a single male elder Sim, put him in a house and later that evenving went back to the house after leaving it to manage other sims to find him completley gone, as if he never existed. Yes I saved. 

The next day when I turned on the game, I went to play with the "GOTH" family and the father vanished, no trace of him, he is not dead just vanished as if he never existed, which is strange because he is an EA created family that comes with the game. No relationships associated with him. Nothing. 

My third disapearing act was a baby. One of my Sims had a baby, the baby came home, was there for 1 Sim day. I saved the game, went back to it later on in the evening and there was an icon of the sim child, as another user said, he looked nothing like the Sim parents.

My sims were redhaird, pale Sims and the child was asian with dak hair, but the strange thing was, the baby became a child within 1 sim day, but the "Child" never showed up in the game. You could click on the icon and assign actions but nothing would happen. The Sim was not on the lot, or off the lot, just gone. I knew it was a glitch, also a baby shouldn't become  a child within 1 sim day, so i knew it was a glitch. I became frustrated and just killed the entire family off so that I could start over. 

I have families who I play on a regular basis and I would be very sad if they disapeared because I have invested a lot of time in them and their houses. Sorry to vent but its so frustrating. Confusedmileymad:

Message 64 of 209 (1,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If you experience any other disappearances, please describe what you are seeing and answer the following questions:

1. When did the Sims disappear ? At random, several times/points during the day, morning, afternoon, evening. No specific time.
  2. Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ? Living somewhere 
  3. Are they played or unplayed ? Played often.
  4. What age group did they have? 1 baby, 1 Adult, 1 Elder 
Message 65 of 209 (1,485 Views)

Hero

How long have you played this game ? Are you using any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 209 (1,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've recently started running into this- it's always when I go to another location (museum, bar, etc). I can meet and form relationships to a high degree, but as soon as I take my sims home, all the relationships and npc sims disappear. Do u mean to tell me that if I wAnt to keep a particular townie sim, I have to move them into a house? That's ridiculous, I won't be able to expand contacts that way and I shouldn't have to. Please let me know if there is a better way to do this- can I manually delete generated extras so the population doesn't exceed game limits? I'm disappointed this is an issue and I want it fixed.

I've been playing for several weeks, hours a day. I'm on adult 3rd generation of legacy challenge. I have only the vanilla game. I don't notice the issue at a particular time, just every time into to public space then return home. All npc sims and relations with them disappear.
Message 67 of 209 (1,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm playing right now- took one sim to the park, met people. Immediately went to household management and moved some into houses. Then I took some of my other sims out and had them meet some people. Went home and still had some of those relationships, though it still seemed to be off I number. I went to move more npc sims into houses, but practically none of the sims I could have sworn I had met were showing up...
Message 68 of 209 (1,440 Views)

Hero

There are two bugs. Some just seem to disappear from the relationship panel although they still exist.

Try meeting them again and see if they stay or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 209 (1,436 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Well, this specific bug is a show-stopper for many careers in the game.  I'm not going to move a bunch of people into my house as a work around.

I'd like to know an ETA on a patch for this specific issue of homeless "friends" dissappearing overnight.

Message 70 of 209 (1,420 Views)