[ARCHIVED] Disappearing Sims aka Culling

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Common] Disappearing Sims

★ Guide

1. When did the Sims disappear? During the first few (sim)days of playing.
  2. Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere? Homeless.
  3. Are they played or unplayed? Played.
  4. What age group did they have? Young adult.

Message 41 of 209 (4,704 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Message 42 of 209 (4,647 Views)

★★★ Novice

@KarleeHannah wrote:

I just had this issue tonight while playing. My sim needs to have 10 friends in order to be promoted. I was getting him to meet random townies and become friends with them. However, the next day, some of them would disappear from his relationship panel and his friend count went down. Ive read i need to move sims into houses to 'fix' this. However, I don't want to keep these sims, I just want my sim to get promoted. How can ge get 10 friends, if they keep disappearing? It's getting really frustrating and yes I have the latest patch install.

I have this same issue and even reported it to customer service but still not resolved. This basically makes the game not worth playing.

1. When did the Sims disappear ? Overnight around 2am game time
  2. Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ? unknown
  3. Are they played or unplayed ? unplayed
  4. What age group did they have ? all age groups

Message 43 of 209 (4,648 Views)

Disappearing "Baby Momma's"

★★★★ Novice

When my Sim impregnates "not in world" sims, she gives birth than disappears.

The child still shows up in my "people" tab, but the mom is missing, and if I go to household management, the photo of the family is blank. I can move the "family" in with another, but the first time I try, it crashes. The second try usually works.

Also, I can only move this family into a house with another family because only the new infant moves. The child's mother is gone forever...

I've had it happen three times so far, with 4 children (one set of twins).

To clarify, the father is my sim, living in the house that I am playing. He invites her over to his house for a date, and they "Try for Baby." A few days later, he either gets a call saying that the baby was born or the baby just shows up in his list of relationships as a friend.

The mother is a sim that he met wandering around town, and she does not have a house in any neighborhood. Once she gives birth, the baby is in my sim's list of the relationships, but the mother has disappeared.

When I go to Manage Worlds, then Household Management, and look under Unplayed Households, there is a household listed under the last name of the mother and new baby, but the photo is just blank. If I try to move the household into a home, it says that I can't because there are no adults. It often crashes the game as well.

Finally, I discovered that I could move this "invisible" household in with another family, and just the baby would move in.

Now I have a couple raising my sim's 4 "**bleep**" children, since their mothers "took off." 

I even did this with the maid once. She gave birth to my sim's child, and then we got a new maid. She was gone.

Message 44 of 209 (4,641 Views)

Re: sims 4 relationships disappear

★★★ Newbie

Same here and it is getting really depressing to try to play. TT_TT

Message 45 of 209 (4,639 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

These are mostly homeless Sims. You can try moving them into a house after making friends and then they won't disappear.

It does need fixing though

@ggymnastt Merged your thread. Probably same issue. Homeless Sims are purged every night once you reach a certain number of Sims in your town.

@darian93 merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 209 (4,636 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just stumbled across this topic...

I of course have had a few disappear -

one Adult female in one household, one Young Adult female in another - mother and daughter. Both were created in CAS as members of one of my founding families ( the daughter moved to her own home with her CAS-created spouse).

BOTH had just given birth (both births were fraternal twins), and I had yet to get around to visit and see them. They were both played households. They were there when I started the session, and I noticed they had both disappeared at the same time when I went to the World menu to play one.

Sorry I don't exactly remember what time of day or night, though I believe it was daytime IIRC. I seldom incorporate townies, so I really have no idea if unplayed homeless are being culled properly or improperly, though I will look more closely here on. This also occurred just after the Oct 1 patch. I had maybe 50 hours of play on the game before that patch, and had not noticed any odd disappearances. Since, I have been careful to save VERY often, and have not seen this happen again.

MODS- only some clothing recolors, and Shimrod's Improved Lighting (V4)

Not sure what to make of all that, but I hope this info is useful .

Message 47 of 209 (4,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I don't know why or how but all created sims who were in "Unlayed Sims" disappeared too.

I noticed when I was playing that and the created Sims were not coming to the neighborhood but not all them. Only solo Sims disappeared while families/groups are coming normally.

All begun when I just excluded some homeless sims (unplayed) from my game and created new to the neighborhood.

At last twenty sims disappeared from my game and all made by me. I lost three hours making sims to my game and they just POOF from the Sims Manager and from my game forever.
The most funny was after that because the own game created new sims but I didn't do that.

1. When did the Sims disappear ? On first day of playing.
  2. Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ? Homeless.
  3. Are they played or unplayed ? Unplayed.
  4. What age group did they have ? Young Adult , Adult and Elder.. Female and Male.

Message 48 of 209 (4,512 Views)

★ Apprentice
  1. When did the Sims disappear ?  Over night.
  2. Are the Sims homeless or living somwhere ? Dead and Homeless, poor soul.
  3. Are they played or unplayed ? Played while living unplayed after death.
  4. What age group did they have ? Elder/Ghost

Now that I've got the short answer down it's time for the long answer.  I started the game with two Sims from CAS a young adult male and his grandpappy elder.  I used potion of youth on his grandpappy several time until one day I decided it was time.  He passed from life the way all sims do by being reaped and entombed.  Well after a couple of game days his ghost came back.  I know it was at least two days between his death and his appearance as a ghost because my sim would randomly go mourn his grandpappy.  I befriended his ghost although he was really already a friend and then the next day his tombstone read RIP _______ and his ghost has never been back since.  It's sad to be all alone in the world.

Message 49 of 209 (4,503 Views)

Hero

Yeah, this is also discussed here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Names-vanishing-from-tombstone/td-p/3479785/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 209 (4,500 Views)